Comments on xml import

babrees
Expert

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 391
Total Comments: 1303
babrees
Posted Dec 20, 2006 - 12:31 PM:

I have an xml file containing 370 records. Using the xml import I set it to import 50 at a time. It did the first 50, message came up continuing to next group but it didn't continue and only 50 records were imported.

So I tried importing ALL records but the number of links only went up to 100. Tried doing 50 and it went up to 150.

Looking at what it imported it had simply kept importing the same 50 records, so my database now contains 3 copies of each record (link).

I don't know how it works, but I obviously want it to import a lot more records than 50. I also require it to OVERWRITE any link with the same title already in the database - is that possible? This is because I will be updating the links from an xml file.

[edit] is there any way I can easily delete ALL links in the database so I can start again? I can only think of going to each category and checking each link for bulk delete
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7868
Paul
Posted Dec 21, 2006 - 10:17 AM:

Fixed in 4.0.9.

I also require it to OVERWRITE any link with the same title already in the database - is that possible?

Not at present. Overwriting by title will never happen except by custom project since many distinct links have the same title -- overwriting by url might.

is there any way I can easily delete ALL links in the database so I can start again?

Use phpmyadmin (or a delete from query) to empty, then regenerate counters to get the totals listed right.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.