Comments on WSNGallery Website Turned Off

Symbiotic
Beginner

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 1
Total Comments: 2
WSNGallery Website Turned Off
Posted Jun 18, 2024 - 10:50 PM:

I turned off the WSNGallery at https://imagemorgue.com/ and now I can't get the website back.

In Developer Mode, I have turned the website off because of excessive spamming. It seems that users were using the mail system somehow? Then, I finally got the SMTP working so I turned the website back on. But it did not turn on... So next I tried the Default option, still a no-go. I have gone into Production Mode, as well, still I see a shut-down site unless I go in with my administration credentials.

So, I wonder what I did wrong? Maybe the upgrade from the installed version to this version (which is much newer) had a problem? Not sure.

I also want to add some of those features we had talked about, wayback when, but of course this is the first thing to tackle.

Uh... I added some images, small PNGs, but the form seems to have lost them.

Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7868
Paul
Posted Jun 20, 2024 - 2:14 PM:

Production mode vs development mode vs standard mode has nothing to do with turning the site on or off (although I guess it could be configured to act that way). Make sure you turn the site on at Admin -> Settings -> System Configuration -> Turn Off Website. And if notes there that the value is being overriden in your current mode, you'll need to change the production/standard mode settings in case you set it to always have the site off in those modes.

As for spammers, it really depends which form they're using, but first make sure Admin -> Settings -> General -> Spam Prevention is using one of the reCAPTCHA options as they're the most effective. And make sure your reCAPTCHA keys are entered and working.

Also, it takes a couple days to get email notification of a forum post because there's no traffic, so I'd recommend emailing support for a faster reply.

Looking into the forum file uploads. Edit for update: fixed bug in comment attachments.
Symbiotic
Beginner

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 1
Total Comments: 2
Posted Jul 10, 2024 - 1:23 PM:

Paul wrote:
Production mode vs development mode vs standard mode has nothing to do with turning the site on or off (although I guess it could be configured to act that way). Make sure you turn the site on at Admin -> Settings -> System Configuration -> Turn Off Website. And if notes there that the value is being overriden in your current mode, you'll need to change the production/standard mode settings in case you set it to always have the site off in those modes.

Ah, I was trying to turn it back on at Admin > Settings > Development > Turn Off Website

I am pretty sure that's where I turned it off, but trying to put it back on again didn't work (in that spot, in Developer mode).

Paul wrote:
As for spammers, it really depends which form they're using, but first make sure Admin -> Settings -> General -> Spam Prevention is using one of the reCAPTCHA options as they're the most effective. And make sure your reCAPTCHA keys are entered and working.

OK, thanks! -DP
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.