Using different index page

Comments on Using different index page

wildflowerintn
Experienced

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 12
Total Comments: 56
Posted Dec 28, 2004 - 1:52 PM:

I installed my directory in root so that I could call up the categories on my main site page which is index.php.

I want the index.php to follow a different style than the main part of the directory. How can I set the index.php page in the directory to say index2.php so that I can use a different style for the directory program and still have my index.php free for my use? The reason I wish to do this is to integrate my directory categories into my main page of my site, which is index.php, but like I said I want the main directory a different style.

Can anyone help? I hope I have explained this well. I did a search and didnt find anything on this.

Thanks,
Becky
webustaad
Beginner

Total Topics: 1
Total Comments: 5
Posted Dec 29, 2004 - 8:49 AM:

I want to do the same thing, show my categories and search box on the main page of my site just like yahoo. is there a way to do that? I am able to display the search box but have no idea how to diplay the categories.

thanks for any help.

Rik
Forum Regular

Total Topics: 23
Total Comments: 161
Rik
Posted Dec 29, 2004 - 11:18 AM:

The method I used is not elegant and is not dynamic, but it works for me. Take a look at my site.

Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7868
Paul
Posted Dec 30, 2004 - 8:53 AM:

Just make it use a custom template and supress the wrapper (putting wrapper content, such as stylesheet specification, in the custom template).
webustaad
Beginner

Total Topics: 1
Total Comments: 5
Posted Jan 02, 2005 - 7:10 PM:

thanks Rik,

this is exactly what I was looking for, can you tell me how you did it, step by step?

thanks

Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.