Comments on Unwanted emails being sent

kj47000

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 5
Total Comments: 15
kj47000
Posted Dec 13, 2004 - 10:19 AM:

Hey Paul,

I have had two people in the last couple days sending me emails telling me they are receiving BLANK emails... I checked my email log and its not showing any emails being registered there but I asked them to send me the full header which they did and I sent that to my host and they told me the emails are being sent and think its a bug in the script... would you know why this is happening... I am having problems with this script and not very happy with how things are working but hopefully it will all work out with your help.
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7868
Paul
Posted Dec 13, 2004 - 4:11 PM:

What are your mail settings? Standard or MIME?
Summer
Beginner

Usergroup: Member

Total Topics: 0
Total Comments: 1
Summer
Posted Jan 13, 2005 - 9:31 PM:

I wonder if I'm having a similiar problem. It seems that everytime I approve a link, some blank emails (though with the WSN signature) go out various users. This shows up in the email log, but without showing me exactly who it's going to. However, if I look in phpMyAdmin, it shows the same member ID's everytime in the "replacement" area of the table. To be more specific, it says "member for 124,128,135,145,155,160,176,178" in the replacement field.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ETA: I figured out that all those particular members have their profile set to be notified of all new links.
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7868
Paul
Posted Jan 14, 2005 - 2:07 PM:

Click 'language' in your admin panel and find where the content contains "new link". That should bring up email_notifyeveryonebody and email_notifyeveryonetitle in addition to a page title. Do you have those email language items, or are they blank or missing?

Edit: Just tested the 'notify me of all links' in a 3.14 install (3.12 and 3.13 should be the same) and it correctly sent me the non-blank email. That's an english-only install, though I'd presume multilingual to work the same since the language pack seems to contain it there too. Also, I'm using plan text emails (not MIME).
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.