chmod problem

Comments on Unable to write static files

faxxaff

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 5
Total Comments: 10
faxxaff
Posted Dec 14, 2008 - 8:29 AM:

I am running a directory with an older version of wsnlinks 3.3.2. The script generates static pages, but suddenly all static pages are blank after I upgraded PHP from an older version to 5.2.8. I receive the following error:

Attention: You need to chmod your ../../arizona.htm file to 666 so that it will be writeable.

The funny thing is, the files are chmod to 666 so I am clueless. The directory where the siles are located in are chmod 777.
Could this be an incompatibility issue with the new PHP version?
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7868
Paul
Posted Dec 15, 2008 - 5:14 PM:

3.3.2 has been out of support for years and is a long-time danger to the internet which I've warned everyone about many times. Your website has probably been under the control of hackers for a long time now, unless it's exceptionally unpopular.

It's also impossible for ~2005 software to support a 2008 PHP version.

Generating a fully static website was also a bad idea which has been replaced by the cache system.
faxxaff

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 5
Total Comments: 10
faxxaff
Posted Dec 20, 2008 - 8:56 AM:

Thanks for your kind reply. I had the script inside a password protected folder and only static pages were accessible to the public so I think I was safe from hackers. Anyhow, I will update my old scripts over the next days :-) Thanks for bringing this to my attention.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.