Comments on Top Right Login Box Rejects User

kudy
Beginner

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 3
Total Comments: 6
kudy
Posted Apr 02, 2008 - 4:58 PM:

With the default template, each time I try and login with the top right login box, it tells me that my username/password is incorrect, and I am only able to login by using the login page that it directs me to after a failed login attempt. Anyone know of a way to fix this error?
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7868
Paul
Posted Apr 03, 2008 - 1:02 AM:

That doesn't make sense, since they're the same thing, same form field submitting to same location in the same way. I could understand if it failed to login whlie giving you a "you have been logged in" message -- that'd indicate a cookie problem. But if it really says your login is incorrect, I've never seen that.

Possibly there could be some browser which in some configuration chokes on the form, though I don't see how. Works in opera, konqueror, firefox.

Have you turned on redirect bypassing? Still works for me, but that might be more likely to encounter browser differences than normal redirects.
kudy
Beginner

kudy
Posted Apr 09, 2008 - 1:18 PM:

I login using the login form in the corner - and I get this message:

"The password you supplied does not match the one for that username."

A few seconds later, I am redirected to 'index.php?action=userlogin' - I have verified that I am actually still logged out (I thought maybe I was getting the message despite the login working correctly).

Filling in the form on the login page that I am redirected to works, while filling in the top right box again results in the same error, no matter how many times I try it.

I'm not sure what redirect bypassing is, and I don't believe I've turned it on, as I haven't changed many settings yet. Can you tell me where to find it?

This is happening in Firefox version 2.0.0.13, but not internet explorer 6. Cookies are turned on in Firefox. The site is themountaingreen.com, if you'd like to check it out.

kudy
Beginner

kudy
Posted Apr 09, 2008 - 1:50 PM:

New information pertaining to this problem:

If I fill in the login fields and hit "enter" on the keyboard, I get the previously described error.

If I fill in the login fields and click the "Login" button, there is no error.
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Apr 09, 2008 - 10:59 PM:

I registered the username "test" with the password "test" on your site. There are no login difficulties of any sort that I can find. The top right login box works perfectly.

"Bypass redirects where possible" is at Settings -> General.
kudy
Beginner

kudy
Posted Apr 16, 2008 - 10:09 AM:

Bypass redirects is off.

Thanks for checking it out, I guess I have to assume this is a bug with our particular setup and firefox version, and that it will work itself out.
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Apr 16, 2008 - 3:30 PM:

Have you tested with another browser? Have you tested with the test account to be sure it didn't relate to the particular user you'd been trying previously?

It's really not possible for a browser to cause a wrong password message. A browser issue would cause it to say "you have been logged in" but not actually log in.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.