Forum Regular

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 94
Total Comments: 272
Posted May 29, 2006 - 2:05 PM:

Paul I carried out the following test:
  1. Created a link through suggestlink.tpl
  2. Checked the box at the end for sponsored links
  3. Upon pressing Submit, was taken through to the sponsor page. Clicked the Paypal button and paid by credit card (like a real purchase). Payment confirmed. I got a receipt from Paypal stating I now had $1 in payment grin
  4. Returned to the site, the new link I'd just created was still a 'regular' link
  5. After several hours, nothings changed.
  6. If I edit the link, I can see that Link Funds still reads $0
Any clues? All the options on Paypal are correct, eg IPN is on, the link is correct back to paypal.php

??? rolling eyes
capitaine
Forum Regular

Posted May 29, 2006 - 3:02 PM:

Just to clarify, I have the item number as 1 in the sponsorship settings, and in sponsor.tpl, I have this in the paypal button code:

<input type="hidden" name="item_number" value="{SPONSORITEM1}">

(using multilungual templates)

So I think the above is set correctly? As far as I can see I followed the manual to the letter
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7868
Paul
Posted May 30, 2006 - 8:59 PM:

Your results mean that no data is being sent to the script. Check the account's IPN URL.

You shouldn't be able to send a test payment from the regular paypal anyhow, see scripts.webmastersite.net/w...g_PayPal_Payments-324.html
capitaine
Forum Regular

Posted May 31, 2006 - 4:44 PM:

But like I said above:
capitaine wrote:
All the options on Paypal are correct, eg IPN is on, the link is correct back to paypal.php
In my Paypal account's IPN section, I've turned it on and the URL is mysite.com/directory/paypal.php - which is correct.

So it should work

As for the payment, I made a real payment, not a test one. I basically paid myself... I'll check out that link you mention.
capitaine
Forum Regular

Posted Jun 02, 2006 - 3:01 AM:

Paul, any further clues on this issue?
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7868
Paul
Posted Jun 02, 2006 - 3:13 AM:

It's not supposed to be possible to pay yourself, paypal doesn't allow it. Anyhow in the process of adding some sposonsorship features I've been doing a lot of test payments lately, including a bunch for 3.3.19, so I know it's working.
capitaine
Forum Regular

Posted Jun 02, 2006 - 3:24 AM:

You can pay yourself, if you use a different account! (easily done by using a different credit card). And like I said, I got all the Paypal payment confirmations....

I guess I'll try again.... but I cannot see why it wouldn't have worked if the link to paypal.php is correct and a proper payment has been processed by Paypal
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.