Comments on Site down Please HELP!

Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7868
Paul
Posted Jan 01, 2005 - 10:59 PM:

Try the default searchall.tpl. If that works, then you did something wrong in customizing.
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Jan 06, 2005 - 4:07 AM:

Read the mysql error manual entry and follow the instructions. If you haven't done so yet, though, it would make sense to re-run upgrade.php first and check carefully to see if it tells you any error there.
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Jan 07, 2005 - 9:38 PM:

Once again, you must follow the instructions when posting a mysql error. See above post and the pinned bug report procedure thread at the top of the forum, which is there for a reason. Do not bother making another post unless are going to include the required info.
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Jan 10, 2005 - 9:12 AM:

Sorry for not being psychic enough for you, but after all this isn't the psychic hotline so I can't help you if you can't post the info. The article is written in plain english, which no one else has had any trouble reading: scripts.webmastersite.net/w...inks/wsnmanual/articles/66
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Jan 11, 2005 - 5:42 AM:

lots wrote:
You should make it plain that anyone purchasing this script NEEDS to know how to program in php

Quite obviously, there's no reason to lie to people. 98% or so of WSN Links users do not know any php at all, and they do fine. And reading instructions pinned at the top of the forum marked as important and which are then indicated to you again several times, certainly, does not require knowing php.

It's no matter to me if you wish to go somewhere else, but there's no sense in being irrational about it. As for rudeness, what you get is generally proportional to what you give. That is, unless you're paying $500 for a dedicated tech support person who doesn't actually know anything about the product they're supporting but does know how to smile and make people feel good about themselves since that's their job. I am not such a tech support person, do not mistake me for one. I'm a coder who's nice enough to support the product I created.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.