Several issues/questions

Comments on Several script issues

xtree

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 19
Total Comments: 50
xtree
Posted Dec 07, 2005 - 5:16 PM:

1. I would like to modify the {LINKADMIN} link to contain the variable &catid={CATID}. I need it because I've created a custom link field that is dependant on a category (I've used conditionals) and the current link: "the edit.php?action=link&field=id&condition=equals&fieldvalue=14" doesnt pick the category ID so I cannot change the custom link field information via edit function.

Can you please point me what file do I change to modify the link.

2. I would like to display category specific meta tags (description). I edit them via the edit category dialogue and yet the default meta tags are used for that particular categories. Is there anything else I need to do to get the right meta tags (according to manual editing the category should do it).

3. Is there a way to show all the categories that a link is found in for links that are part of multiple categories? I have used a link variable named {LINKCATNAME} but it only shows the category name for one category (apparently there are multiple link IDs for a single link one for each category)...so if a link is part of 3 categories it is assigned 3 separate IDs. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks in advance.
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7868
Paul
Posted Dec 08, 2005 - 10:33 AM:

1. Admin panel -> customizations -> language. Search for the text there. Probably better to just make your own link to the edit page though as the language item doesn't allow customizing a lot IIRC.

2. Might you be using an old wrapper template?

3. See for scripts.webmastersite.net/w...inks/wsnmanual/articles/10 link variables.
{LINKALIASEDIN} - A list of the categories the link is aliased to.
--- Optional paramater: separator (defaults to a comma)
xtree

xtree
Posted Dec 08, 2005 - 5:53 PM:

1. Didnt find the text {LINKADMIN} anywhere on that page. Making my own link sounds cumbersome if I have to do it throughout the site (everywhere theres an edit link option). I just need the catid info in the edit link parameters.

2. Im using a modified version of the wrapper in the version 3.2.4 which was the initial install. This is the info in the wrapper template header:

<head>
<title>{PAGETITLE}</title>
<link rel="stylesheet" href="{DIRURL}/templates/styles/{STYLESHEET}.css" type="text/css">
<link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="{SITETITLE}" href="{DIRURL}/rssfeed.php">
{MAINMETA}
{CATHEADERINFO}
</head>

3. I've added {LINKALIASEDIN} in the link details page (details.tpl) and it seems to behave erratically. I usually get a blank space where its supposed to go. For some links (couldnt see a pattern) it would display one of the two categories where the link is listed.

4. Noticed that if a link is submitted to several category the same link would be suggested as similar link ('Similar links' on details page). Its technically correct but redundant - is it possible to make it display only different links?

Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Dec 12, 2005 - 9:28 AM:

1. The text is of course the actual text not the template variable. Just seaching for a href would narrow it down a whole lot. I think the item is named 'edit' anyhow.

http://links.webmastersite.net/Scripts
http://links.webmastersite.net/

I don't know what you could be doing different.

4. It does not show if it's an actual alias. Based on #3 perhaps you're resubmitting some as non-aliases.
xtree

xtree
Posted Dec 12, 2005 - 4:51 PM:

1.Searched for both edit and href and couldn't find that link there.

2.fixed

3&4. I am looking at the edit link page and the site is clearly listed in 2 categories (one secondary) so it couldn't have been resubmitted. When looking at the details page/{LINKALIASEDIN} field only the secondary category is listed.
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Dec 15, 2005 - 9:51 PM:

1. It is certainly there in a name search for edit.

When looking at the details page/{LINKALIASEDIN} field only the secondary category is listed.

Isn't that what the manual says it's supposed to show?
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.