Comments on RSS2 link directory?

ekitel
Beginner

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 3
Total Comments: 4
ekitel
Posted May 15, 2005 - 9:50 PM:

Hi, I just found out about this directory script, I like the advanced features like user comments and rating...

I was wondering how hard it would be to hack it to make it work as directory for RSS2 feeds, where the link description and some other information actually comes from the feed description, and have the search function search the text in the feed description also?
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7868
Paul
Posted May 16, 2005 - 4:01 AM:

It sounds like that would involve grabbing and parsing remote XML, which is beyond the scope of the script. How hard it would be naturally depends entirely on how good you are with PHP, though the 'get title and meta description' button would be a good place to start adapting.
ekitel
Beginner

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 3
Total Comments: 4
ekitel
Posted May 17, 2005 - 11:35 AM:

I don't write PHP, I'll need to find someone to help me with it, I thought this might be a good place to start, but I'm going to get a 1 year license anyway to try it out, the XML parsing would be nice but it's not absolutely necessary to get started, I've looked at some RSS2 parsing scripts and hopefully someday I'll be ablt to adapt one to work with WSN Links, this seems like the best idea now since there don't seem to be any RSS2 directory availalbe off the shelf, and even if there were they might not have all the advanced features of WSN
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.