Can someone explain the difference?

Comments on Paid listings vs. Sponsorships

Errk!

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 11
Total Comments: 35
Errk!
Posted Dec 05, 2005 - 9:30 AM:

I am setting up a directory in which I hope to implement paid link listings. I have tried several different link directory systems, WSN Links being the latest, and I'm having trouble wrapping my head around the concept of sponsorship.

I don't fully understand it, probably because I am used to these other directories which people can just pay via Paypal for a "featured" link which appears at the top of the category for a set amount of time. I don't understand if sponsorship accomplishes this.

I really have no use for people logging in and sponsoring a category, and as I understand the sponsorships, that's what WSNLinks does. Maybe that's why I can't understand it; it doesn't seem to have a practical use for my application.

Can someone explain the difference between sponsorship and regular paid listings? Is there a paid listings hack or mod which is relatively easy to implement? I paid for WSN Links and need to decide if it fits what I need it to do.

Thanks.
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7868
Paul
Posted Dec 08, 2005 - 8:21 AM:

I am used to these other directories which people can just pay via Paypal for a "featured" link which appears at the top of the category for a set amount of time.

That is exactly what link type sponsorship is for, see click the help icon in the admin cp for the manual entry on it.
Errk!

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 11
Total Comments: 35
Errk!
Posted Dec 11, 2005 - 11:17 PM:

Paul wrote:
I am used to these other directories which people can just pay via Paypal for a "featured" link which appears at the top of the category for a set amount of time.

That is exactly what link type sponsorship is for, see click the help icon in the admin cp for the manual entry on it.

The manual says:

Paul wrote:
This is all you need to do. When a member views their own link, they will see an option below it telling them they can click to move their link to the top of the category.

...which tells me that this is only possible for registered members to do. Is that correct? My thought is that I could probably sell links more successfully if buyers don't have to log into and manage an account...
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7868
Paul
Posted Dec 13, 2005 - 4:09 PM:

You have to be registered in order to sponsor, yes.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.