Register Log In

Online location

Comments on Online location

SteveKarr

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 4
Total Comments: 17
Posted Jul 26, 2005 - 8:05 AM:

Not even entirely sure if this would be considered a "bug" or not, or if it actually serves some purpose I'm not aware of, or if it would even be considered annoying enough to patch, but in the spirit of helping out Paul any time we come across something he may have overlooked, I'm gonna mention this.

This is interesting, and perhaps "quirky", but I just noticed that...while logged in as admin, I viewed the member list, and clicked on my own name/id. (memberlist.php?action=profile&id=1)

FIRST, it shows "Current Location: Member List" -- but then if I click reload/refresh, same page shows (of course), except NOW it shows "Current Location: Profile".

Like I said, it's no big deal, but it could make good-ole Paul think "Hmmm...I know why it's doing that, and if it IS, then the same thing could actually adversely affect x situation if y=z and the moon is aligned with the sun and its cold outside while refreshing the page under screen blah".

Or whatever. Heh. Yeah, in and of itself, its nothing, but I thought that whatever causes this COULD be bad if the conditions are the same but the admin is on a totally diff. area of the site and clicks reload. Well, see ya.

- Steve
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7868
Paul
Posted Jul 26, 2005 - 5:34 PM:

You were looking at the member list, so it shows your location there. When you reload it shows where you were again. You don't want it updating your location before you get to see said location, as that would mean waiting extra time for the page to load.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.