multiple databases, single page
removing subsub ruins 2nd display

Comments on multiple databases, single page

paperlion

Usergroup: Member

Total Topics: 6
Total Comments: 13
Posted Jun 08, 2005 - 11:41 PM:

I wanted to call the catalog twice on a single page. (Once on a side column with summary links only; the second as a center column with more detail).

In attempting to modify which features display, I was surprise to (finally) understand the removing the subsub entries on the first set of code ruins the display of the second (although successfully removing the descriptions from the first).

Has anyone encountered this? Is there a workaround?

Thanks.
paperlion

Usergroup: Member

Total Topics: 6
Total Comments: 13
Posted Jun 09, 2005 - 7:39 AM:

thinking now that I might need a unique id for each instance of the database display. Didn't see anything on this except in the toplists, which should serve my purposes.

Thing is, I only wanted to display the 'REGULAR' categories as they are called in the table code - the main categories. Didn't find this reference in the toplists choices - tried {PARENT} and {PARENTNAMES} but no cigar.

Anyone try to do this?

Thanks.
mrowton
Forum Regular

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 57
Total Comments: 185
mrowton
Posted Jun 10, 2005 - 5:17 PM:

I wanted to call the catalog twice on a single page.

What is a catalog?

I don't understand most of what you are saying but it does seem like you want to make a toplist of top-level regular categories. Try reading the manual entries for toplist, there is also a toplist generator in the admin panel.

To specify only top level categories in a toplist use
parent='0'

To specify only regular categories use
type='regular'

Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.