More phpBB integration questions

Comments on More phpBB integration questions

nelgin

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 39
Total Comments: 100
nelgin
Posted Oct 02, 2006 - 3:48 AM:

OK, I have an existing wsnlinks board with 2259 members.
I also have a long running phpBB board with 2,260 members.

Since it is a pain to administer two sets of users, I have decided that I am going to integrate wsnlinks to use the phpBB user database.

So, now here is my problem...how do I...

1) Make sure admins and moderators on the phpBB are moderators on wsnlinks. For example, I am NigelReed user_id 2 on phpBB but I am nelgin and id=1 on wsnlinks. So...how do I handle that?

2) If people have submitted links on wsnlinks, how do they access them now that I have moved the authentication to the phpBB side.

3) The docs say that I should not delete the wsnlinks_members table, but can I empty it once I have get everything right, so there is no confusion? What other tables are no longer needed once integration has taken place?

EDIT to add the following...
The edit profile section in wsnlinks doesn't reflect the information in the profile for phpBB. For example the profile does not reflect my signature, icq, msn or other addresses, timezone or lots of other information.

This is going to confuse my users, having two profiles when it is supposed to be an integrated system.

Thanks,
Nigel
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7868
Paul
Posted Oct 03, 2006 - 12:11 PM:

1) scripts.webmastersite.net/w...s/wsnmanual/link.php?id=75

2) Obviously they won't be able to if you have no idea what belongs to who with new accounts. You should set all the ownerid values to 0 in the links table so that random members can't own each other's links. UPDATE wsnlinks_links SET ownerid=0;

3) You can empty it if you want, but do not delete anything. Do not alter any other tables.

4) If you want to integrate those extra fields, use the integration generator in your admin panel for the ones supported... if there are others not listed there, see the manual article I linked in #1. Or just do as the manual describes from the start would probably make more sense in this case I guess.
nelgin

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 39
Total Comments: 100
nelgin
Posted Oct 03, 2006 - 12:31 PM:

[quote=Paul

4) If you want to integrate those extra fields, use the integration generator in your admin panel for the ones supported... if there are others not listed there, see the manual article I linked in #1. Or just do as the manual describes from the start would probably make more sense in this case I guess.[/quote]

It doesn't really make it clean, I don't think, that the phpBB integration doesn't actually fully integrate with phpBB.

Quoting from the manual page:
"If the script you need to integrate with is on the list and you have standard prefixes, you can just select it there and you're done."

Which is what I did, and obviously I am not done. There isn't anything in the doc to hint that all the data will be not available in wsnlinks.

I did look at the integration generator and it is asking for:
* Which field contains the id of the member usergroup?

As I understand it, the usergroup information is not stored in the user table so I am not exactly sure how to specify that.

Regards
Nigel

Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7868
Paul
Posted Oct 03, 2006 - 11:15 PM:

integration/phpbb.php says that the admin is '1', but that could be wrong, I obviously don't use phpBB and I presume the file was contributed by a user. Ask on phpBB's forums.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.