modlog error

Comments on modlog error

mrkarron
Experienced

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 33
Total Comments: 97
Posted Aug 31, 2005 - 6:47 PM:

after upgrading from 3.24 to 3.25, a few pages will, sometimes, load with this error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: modlog. By refreshing I receive the correct page without error. Did I do something wrong in the upgrade, or is this a bug? I did a google searce for "Cannot instantiate non-existent class: modlog" and found a few different sites displaying the same error, and all from a WSN product.
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7868
Paul
Posted Sep 01, 2005 - 10:11 PM:

Do you have a classes/modlog.php file? Do you have moderator logs switched off in your switches? Which pages, specifically, are you seeing the message on?
mrkarron
Experienced

Posted Sep 03, 2005 - 2:41 PM:

the error "Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: modlog in /home/couponma/public_html/production/classes/onelink.php on line 458" appears on pages served by the main and displaylinks.tpl. Its being picked up by search engine spiders as well.

I do not see a switch to turn off the mod logs, however,
Moderator usernotes and Let members be notified when moderated are both off

And yes I have all the files in the classes folder.

Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Sep 05, 2005 - 8:09 AM:

What do you mean by "sometimes"? You load the very same page and half the time it works and half the time it fails to include the file?

I don't remember seeing anything like this in the bug reports forum so I doubt it would've been patched, but try getting the latest copy of 3.25 anyway.
mrkarron
Experienced

Posted Sep 05, 2005 - 9:55 AM:

correct, about 25% of the time I get the error. Refreshing the page will correct it. The 3.25 version is the one downloaded the day I received the notice that it was available.
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Sep 06, 2005 - 8:00 PM:

That version then is before the last patch date listed.

Index.php isn't actually a page modlog.php is supposed to be needed on. Are you doing something unusual that could somehow bring it in?

Well, you can replace
  if (strstr($currenturl, 'threadadmin.php') || strstr($currenturl, 'bulkedit.php') || strstr($currenturl, 'edit.php') || strstr($currenturl, 'profile.php') || strstr($currenturl, 'addpoll.php') || strstr($currenturl, 'albums.php') || strstr($currenturl, 'shoutbox.php') || strstr($currenturl, 'quotelist.php') || strstr($currenturl, 'link.php') || strstr($currenturl, 'forumdetails.php'))
{
// only waste RAM on the modlog if we're on a page it could possibly be called on
require 'classes/modlog.php';
}
with
require 'classes/modlog.php'; 
in prestart.php
mrkarron
Experienced

Posted Sep 10, 2005 - 7:43 PM:

Well,

That corrected the errors. Before changing the code, I downgraded back to 3.24 which also fixed the problem. This problem occured in a fresh install of 3.25 as well as upgrades. I did not change anything in the fresh install other than import a database as I have done in the past. This database has been upgraded to every current version of the program since 3.1x. It seems that it might be the fault of the database, but where?
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Sep 11, 2005 - 11:23 AM:

I'd think it would have to have something to do with a template customization that somehow involves the modlog on that page.
mrkarron
Experienced

Posted Sep 13, 2005 - 5:13 PM:

But its the same templates and database used on 3.24 and 3.25. only on 3.25 and 3.26 do I see the error.
Paul
developer

Paul
#10 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Sep 13, 2005 - 7:18 PM:

I didn't say you changed anything since 3.24. 3.24 included modlog.php on every page regardless, wasting RAM. You would simply appear to have some template customization that 3.25 and 3.26 don't handle. You can confim this by uploading the default template set as an alternate template set and trying it.

I can handle that template customization and make the script work with it only if I know what it is.
mrkarron
Experienced

#11 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Sep 15, 2005 - 6:53 PM:

Is there something in the wrapper that could cause this? I don't remember seeing the problem with the default wrapper and my custom templates.
Paul
developer

Paul
#12 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Sep 15, 2005 - 10:26 PM:

Is there something in the wrapper that could cause this?

Since you haven't showed me your wrapper, how am I supposed to answer that?
mrkarron
Experienced

#13 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Sep 16, 2005 - 5:32 PM:

ok, is there a change to the default wrapper that would cause it?

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html>

<!-- BODY GOES HERE -->

My <header> is generated from main and displaylinks templates.

My default "displaylinks template"

<head>
<link rel="stylesheet" href="[IFADMIN../]templates/styles/{STYLESHEET}.css" type="text/css">

<title>{CATNAME}: xxxxxx</title>
<meta name="description" content="xxxxxx">
<meta name="keywords" content="{CATSTORE_NAME} xxxx,{CATMETA_KEYWORDS}">
<meta name="robots" content="index,follow">
<meta http-equiv="expires" content="0">

</head>

I need to generate various meta description strings based on a series of custom displaylinks templates. I need to use several fields located within the category inside my <title> tags.

I sent the full templates to you via PM
Paul
developer

Paul
#14 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Sep 17, 2005 - 10:16 PM:

I see nothing that should involve the modlog, so I'll just have to reverse the RAM savings despite it not seeming to have affected anybody else yet.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.