Webmastersite.net
Register Log In

Links gone from page but in DB?
Something weird is going on.

Comments on Links gone from page but in DB?

evergreen
Beginner

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 1
Total Comments: 5
Posted Aug 04, 2005 - 5:35 PM:

Hi,

I have about 135 links in my DB and about 10 cats.

On some of my catagories, I go to the page and see this:

0 links (4 regular and 0 reciprocal) in this category (4 total links counting subcategories). Last link added 03/04/2005.

There are no links in this category.

another one:

0 links (11 regular and 1 reciprocal) and -1 subcategories in this category (11 total links counting subcategories). Last link added 08/05/2005.

There are no links in this category.

Can you tell me what is going on here? Do I need to start all over or?

I am lost and have no clue what to do now.

Thanks
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7868
Paul
Posted Aug 05, 2005 - 9:25 AM:

Presumably they're either not validated, or set to be hidden (such as by setting expiration dates for them).
evergreen
Beginner

Posted Aug 05, 2005 - 11:51 AM:

They used to be there and now they are gone. This happened to about half the cats. Below is the DB settings for one of the cats in question:

ID 4
Validated 1
Hide 0
Links 18

I compared links in this cat to ones in a cat that is showing them and there is no difference at all. Expire is set to 0.

When I compared 2 cats (one showing links, one not), I found no difference either except one not showing had this:
[GROUP]1[FIELD]id[VALUE][FIELD]title[VALUE][FIELD]caneditown[VALUE][FIELD]caneditall[VALUE][FIELD]canvote[VALUE][FIELD]isadmin[VALUE][FIELD]canpost[VALUE][FIELD]canemail[VALUE][FIELD]validatecats[VALUE][FIELD]validatecomments[VALUE][FIELD]validatelinks[VALUE][FIELD]validateedits[VALUE][FIELD]cansubmitlinks[VALUE][FIELD]cansubmitcategories[VALUE][FIELD]cansubmitcomments[VALUE][FIELD]caneditownlinks[VALUE][FIELD]caneditowncategories[VALUE][FIELD]caneditowncomments[VALUE][FIELD]caneditownprofile[VALUE][FIELD]caneditalllinks[VALUE][FIELD]caneditallcategories[VALUE][FIELD]caneditallcomments[VALUE][FIELD]caneditallprofiles[VALUE][FIELD]candownloadfiles[VALUE][FIELD]canupload[VALUE][FIELD]canviewip[VALUE][FIELD]limitlinks[VALUE][FIELD]canemailmembers[VALUE][FIELD]canusehtml[VALUE][FIELD]limitlinksdaily[VALUE][FIELD]canalias[VALUE][FIELD]cancopy[VALUE][FIELD]candeleteown[VALUE][FIELD]candeleteall[VALUE][FIELD]candofulledit[VALUE][FIELD]candeletecategories[VALUE][FIELD]candeletecomments[VALUE][FIELD]candeleteowncategories[VALUE][FIELD]candeleteowncomments[VALUE][FIELD]candeletemembers[VALUE][FIELD]candeleteownmembers[VALUE][FIELD]canaliascategories[VALUE][FIELD]canviewpages[VALUE][FIELD]caneditvotes[VALUE][FIELD]numaliases[VALUE][FIELD]canviewvotes[VALUE][FIELD]canhideownlinks[VALUE][FIELD]canhideowncategories[VALUE][FIELD]canhideowncomments[VALUE][FIELD]canhidealllinks[VALUE][FIELD]canhideallcategories[VALUE][FIELD]canhideallcomments[VALUE][FIELD]canratecomments[VALUE][FIELD]bytespermem[VALUE][GROUP]2[FIELD]id[VALUE][FIELD]title[VALUE][FIELD]caneditown[VALUE][FIELD]caneditall[VALUE][FIELD]canvote[VALUE][FIELD]isadmin[VALUE][FIELD]canpost[VALUE][FIELD]canemail[VALUE][FIELD]validatecats[VALUE][FIELD]validatecomments[VALUE][FIELD]validatelinks[VALUE][FIELD]validateedits[VALUE][FIELD]cansubmitlinks[VALUE][FIELD]cansubmitcategories[VALUE][FIELD]cansubmitcomments[VALUE][FIELD]caneditownlinks[VALUE][FIELD]caneditowncategories[VALUE][FIELD]caneditowncomments[VALUE][FIELD]caneditownprofile[VALUE][FIELD]caneditalllinks[VALUE][FIELD]caneditallcategories[VALUE][FIELD]caneditallcomments[VALUE][FIELD]caneditallprofiles[VALUE][FIELD]candownloadfiles[VALUE][FIELD]canupload[VALUE][FIELD]canviewip[VALUE][FIELD]limitlinks[VALUE][FIELD]canemailmembers[VALUE][FIELD]canusehtml[VALUE][FIELD]limitlinksdaily[VALUE][FIELD]canalias[VALUE][FIELD]cancopy[VALUE][FIELD]candeleteown[VALUE][FIELD]candeleteall[VALUE][FIELD]candofulledit[VALUE][FIELD]candeletecategories[VALUE][FIELD]candeletecomments[VALUE][FIELD]candeleteowncategories[VALUE][FIELD]candeleteowncomments[VALUE][FIELD]candeletemembers[VALUE][FIELD]candeleteownmembers[VALUE][FIELD]canaliascategories[VALUE][FIELD]canviewpages[VALUE][FIELD]caneditvotes[VALUE][FIELD]numaliases[VALUE][FIELD]canviewvotes[VALUE][FIELD]canhideownlinks[VALUE][FIELD]canhideowncategories[VALUE][FIELD]canhideowncomments[VALUE][FIELD]canhidealllinks[VALUE][FIELD]canhideallcategories[VALUE][FIELD]canhideallcomments[VALUE][FIELD]canratecomments[VALUE][FIELD]bytespermem[VALUE][GROUP]3[FIELD]id[VALUE][FIELD]title[VALUE][FIELD]caneditown[VALUE][FIELD]caneditall[VALUE][FIELD]canvote[VALUE][FIELD]isadmin[VALUE][FIELD]canpost[VALUE][FIELD]canemail[VALUE][FIELD]validatecats[VALUE][FIELD]validatecomments[VALUE][FIELD]validatelinks[VALUE][FIELD]validateedits[VALUE][FIELD]cansubmitlinks[VALUE][FIELD]cansubmitcategories[VALUE][FIELD]cansubmitcomments[VALUE][FIELD]caneditownlinks[VALUE][FIELD]caneditowncategories[VALUE][FIELD]caneditowncomments[VALUE][FIELD]caneditownprofile[VALUE][FIELD]caneditalllinks[VALUE][FIELD]caneditallcategories[VALUE][FIELD]caneditallcomments[VALUE][FIELD]caneditallprofiles[VALUE][FIELD]candownloadfiles[VALUE][FIELD]canupload[VALUE][FIELD]canviewip[VALUE][FIELD]limitlinks[VALUE][FIELD]canemailmembers[VALUE][FIELD]canusehtml[VALUE][FIELD]limitlinksdaily[VALUE][FIELD]canalias[VALUE][FIELD]cancopy[VALUE][FIELD]candeleteown[VALUE][FIELD]candeleteall[VALUE][FIELD]candofulledit[VALUE][FIELD]candeletecategories[VALUE][FIELD]candeletecomments[VALUE][FIELD]candeleteowncategories[VALUE][FIELD]candeleteowncomments[VALUE][FIELD]candeletemembers[VALUE][FIELD]candeleteownmembers[VALUE][FIELD]canaliascategories[VALUE][FIELD]canviewpages[VALUE][FIELD]caneditvotes[VALUE][FIELD]numaliases[VALUE][FIELD]canviewvotes[VALUE][FIELD]canhideownlinks[VALUE][FIELD]canhideowncategories[VALUE][FIELD]canhideowncomments[VALUE][FIELD]canhidealllinks[VALUE][FIELD]canhideallcategories[VALUE][FIELD]canhideallcomments[VALUE][FIELD]canratecomments[VALUE][FIELD]bytespermem[VALUE]

I removed it and nothing changed so Iguess that was not it.

I was using 3.14 and switched. I tried the latest, but I got some errors so I went to 3.16.
evergreen
Beginner

Posted Aug 05, 2005 - 11:55 AM:

Just adding:

I just approved a submit in one of the faulty categories and the link counter went up (now says: 0 links (5 regular and 0 reciprocal) in this category (5 total links counting subcategories). Last link added 08/06/2005), but the link is not showing.
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7868
Paul
Posted Aug 06, 2005 - 7:48 AM:

Well then, it must be indicating that you removed the 'regular' stuff from your template, or perhaps removed the link type.
evergreen
Beginner

Posted Aug 06, 2005 - 10:47 AM:

I uploaded and replaced all the templates with the 3.16 ones and nothing changed.

The link type is "Regular" just like all my links.
evergreen
Beginner

Posted Aug 06, 2005 - 12:07 PM:

I just upgraded to 3.22. After fixing some mysql errors manually, everything looks to be working.

I need to redo my whole site over, but I was looking to do that anyway and at least the links show up grin

Thanks for the support. smiling face
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.