Comments on Limiting show images in category

lepus
Beginner

Usergroup: Member

Total Topics: 4
Total Comments: 8
lepus
Posted Jul 12, 2005 - 1:53 PM:

I'm setting up a gallery which will have two types of images. Each user will be allowed to only view type 1 or to view both types.

What do I modify in the "show images in category" template to limit the images displayed to only what the current member is allowed to see? It doesn't seem to be toplist-based.
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7868
Paul
Posted Jul 12, 2005 - 5:51 PM:

You could use conditionals. <IF {THISMEMBERUSERGROUP} is 2> stuff </IF> and the like, see the manual entry.
lepus
Beginner

lepus
Posted Jul 12, 2005 - 5:55 PM:

Paul wrote:
You could use conditionals. <IF 2 is 2> stuff </IF> and the like, see the manual entry.

Thanks for moving this to the right area.

I've got the use of the conditionals down... but where in the template do I put "show only images with code=1"? In a toplist, I'd put it in the condition section, but I'm not sure which area in this particular template handles showing only images based on a certain condition.
lepus
Beginner

lepus
Posted Jul 14, 2005 - 5:46 PM:

Is there a better way to ask this, or is it in the documentation somewhere? Let me restate just to make it clear:

I want to use the standard function to display the images in a category when a user clicks on the name of the category. However, I would like the images shown to be limited to (IMAGECONTENTRATING = 0) if the user is limited (MEMBERCONTENTRATING = 0).

What do I modify in the "display images in a category" template to account for that? If I use conditionals, that's fine, I can do that, but what do I put between the conditionals?

In other words, I add this:

<IF (THISMEMBERCONTENTRATING) is 1>
...standard template code...
<ELSE>
...template code to display only images where IMAGECONTENTRATING = 0...
</IF>

What is that code that displays images in a category that only meet certain criteria?
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.