importing existing links: not working

Comments on importing existing links: not working

capitaine
Forum Regular

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 94
Total Comments: 272
Posted Aug 06, 2005 - 8:51 PM:

Using the 'direct to phpMyAdmin' method of importing existing links - I'm having problems:

Basically I'm following the instructions to the letter. I exported the data after matching up the relevant fields and deleting all others, then imported it into the wsnlinks_links table, using the 'import textfile into table' option. phpMyAdmin then said it had imported 137 rows. When I went into admin, it said 'You have 137 items awaiting validation' so I clicked on that, but the page it displayed was full of this:

URL:
Description:
Type:
Reciprocal Link URL: [Check]
Category:
Alias Categories:
Submitter E-mail:
[Edit] or [Custom Reject] or [Custom Accept]

In other words, all blank. Looks like it didn't like the data? Here's what the exported data file containing the existing links looks like:

INSERT INTO `tsl_sites2` (`id`, `title`, `url`, `description`, `hits`) VALUES (37, 'Digitalkstudios', 'http://www.digitalkstudios.com', 'Virtual design studios offering high impact solutions for web, print and interactive media with your budget in mind', 18);

Any ideas?
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7868
Paul
Posted Aug 07, 2005 - 6:08 PM:

What do you see in phpmyadmin in the links table now?

Also, tell phpmyadmin to UPDATE wsnlinks_links SET validated=1

Edit: Well, you just posted that you're inserting into some tsl_sites2 table. That obviously isn't a WSN table, so you're not actually inserting anything into WSN at all. If you did a default install your wsn table would be wsnlinks_links.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.