A few problems I'm having with posting comments

Comments on Image comment issues

Ducnan Clarke

Usergroup: Member

Total Topics: 7
Total Comments: 20
Posted Oct 04, 2006 - 6:49 PM:

2 things in 1 which may or may not be related;

1) I can't get WSN codes to work in comments. It was working fine, but after some time editing templates (and possible doing some changes to config) it no longer works. I have checked the switch to allow wsn codes (id=9 name=wsncodes value=1). The markup table seems to be complete and populated. The setting for WSN codes (id=40) seems to be empty, but copying in the data from an old database doesn't help. Any other ideas?

2) When I post a comment, I get the following error:
<br />
<b>Warning</b>: mysql_fetch_row(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in <b>/homepages/..../gallery/classes/database.php</b> on line <b>94</b><br />
<head>
<title>WSN Gallery</title>

<link rel="stylesheet" href="templates/styles/default.css" type="text/css">

</head>

<body>

<p>WSN Gallery is unable to render this page. The reason is described below:

<div class="main">No such content exists. The link you are following seems to have been incorrect.</div>

<p>Version info: WSN Gallery 2.3.7</p>

<p>If you are not the administrator of this site, please report this error to the administrator.</p>

</body>
</html>
but the comment does end up in the database.
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7868
Paul
Posted Oct 05, 2006 - 6:51 PM:

1) Go to Admin->Settings->General at the bottom. Is the comment message field selected for WSN Codes?

2) Post the debug output: scripts.webmastersite.net/w...allery/manual/articles/165
Ducnan Clarke

Posted Oct 05, 2006 - 7:27 PM:

1) worked. No idea how the settings had been changed as I hadn't even considered changing that lot. Set it back and it worked though.

2) Set the debug on and it couldn't render any of hte pages due to the masses of errors. I had to go into phpMyAdmin to retet debug to 0, and now nothing works:
Warning: mysql_list_fields() [function.mysql-list-fields]: Unable to save MySQL query result in /homepages/..../gallery/classes/database.php on line 30

http://urbanlines.net/gallery
Ducnan Clarke

Posted Oct 05, 2006 - 8:11 PM:

Got the gallery running again. For some reason the System Configuration form is breaking the config.php. If I upload my backup version that I keep on my staging server, it starts working again.

Now however I've lost my "5 newest" thumbnails from the front page (http://urbanlines.net/gallery). Also, the category they are in (urbanlines.net/gallery/inde...?action=displaycat&catid=4) is displayed fine, but the images are not when you select them (http://urbanlines.net/gallery/comments.php?id=1993).

Ducnan Clarke

Posted Oct 05, 2006 - 8:40 PM:

OK, so regenerating everything has brought it back to (I think) where I was before.

I have also fixed the second problem. Somehow the redirect was set to ...{LINKID} rather than ...{IMAGEID}. Again, it could be a result of upgrading from a quite modified old version.

Still a bit concerned about that System Configuration form damaging the config.php, but at least I know how to get around it if needed.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.