Webmastersite.net
Register Log In

how to include CATDESCRIPTION in search?

Comments on how to include CATDESCRIPTION in search?

david
Forum Regular

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 91
Total Comments: 305
david
Posted Jul 24, 2005 - 3:14 PM:

Hello,

When using the quick search function, and setting it to search ALL, it doesn't seem to be searching the category descriptions. I need a simple search, that is searching in link and category descriptions.

Thanks
David
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7868
Paul
Posted Jul 24, 2005 - 5:00 PM:

All category fields are supposed to be searchable, but it's broken. Will be fixed in 3.21.
SteveKarr

Total Topics: 4
Total Comments: 17
Posted Jul 24, 2005 - 11:32 PM:

Is this also a 'to-be-fixed-in-3.21' as well, or is this something I've done wrong? I just went from the betas to the final release of 3.20, and I keep seeing "{CATDESCRIPTIONWYSIWYG}" inserted in places through the directory in the resulting output.

Thanks,

Steve
SteveKarr

Total Topics: 4
Total Comments: 17
Posted Jul 25, 2005 - 1:13 AM:

FYI -

From what I've noticed, seems it's not getting parsed, just displayed in the templates, so it's saving when creating categories. How do I fix this?

- Steve
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7868
Paul
Posted Jul 25, 2005 - 11:24 PM:

SteveKarr wrote:
Is this also a 'to-be-fixed-in-3.21' as well, or is this something I've done wrong? I just went from the betas to the final release of 3.20, and I keep seeing "{CATDESCRIPTIONWYSIWYG}" inserted in places through the directory in the resulting output.

On check I see it WYSIWYG mode... hadn't noticed since my normal browser doesn't support it. So, 'to-be-fixed-in-3.21'. Though you can copy the same function from onelink.php to category.php.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.