Webmastersite.net
Register Log In

How do I....
I've looked, read and still cant find how to...

Comments on How do I....

ChrisP
Beginner

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 4
Total Comments: 6
ChrisP
Posted Jul 21, 2005 - 11:01 PM:

Hi

I have done my homework and serached the forums and read the manual. I still am unable to find out where to:

1. turn off the number of links in catagories: "0 links in 1 categories. Directory last updated 07/02/05" How do I get rid of that?
2. on submit link page, how to get rid of the "hide link" options and expire, related and comment on link options. do I need to just delete the fields from the template?

Thanks for the help in advance!

Chris
ChrisP
Beginner

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 4
Total Comments: 6
ChrisP
Posted Jul 21, 2005 - 11:31 PM:

Hi again,

1 more thing, actually 2 things...

everything works except in the admin screen, when I click the top list generator I get this message:

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: attachment in /home/theblued/public_html/partners/admin/toplist.php on line 64

The top list generater is the only place I get this.

2. I had installation problems due to something changing my file permissions of templates and admin to 0. My hosting companies had to change the directory all folders and files to 777. when they did that everything worked. What should not be 777?

Thanks,

Chris

p.s. any recommendations for a shopping cart that produces static html pages but data is stored in a mysql database? the input of oscommerce but spits out static html pages?
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7868
Paul
Posted Jul 22, 2005 - 5:30 PM:

1. Click 'templates' in your admin panel, or just edit the templates offline if you prefer. That would be the main index template.

2. For hiding, remove your usergroup's permission to hide links. For expiration, you can remove it from the template (though of course it only shows up for admins anyway like so many of the fields).

3. admin/toplist.php is now fixed.

4. It doesn't hurt to have everything be 777, except on hosts where nothing works as 777. Hosts can be wildly different but if it's working don't change it.

5. I don't know anything about shopping carts, have never used one (except the physical kind).
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.