Comments on Gravatar support

hai
Forum Regular

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 94
Total Comments: 339
hai
Posted Sep 26, 2008 - 10:05 PM:

Not sure if you're familiar with Gravatars - http://en.gravatar.com/, but I'd like to have the option of using them. If possible I'd like the option to have users either show their gravatar instead of uploading one as it is now or to choose one or the other. So if they have a gravatar it will show that, but if they don't have one they can either upload an image or just have the default gravatar show.

I've managed to figure out how to get a gravatar to show if the user has one, but if they don't I get a broken image. Granted I haven't worked on this in a while so I may go back to play with it again soon, but figured I'd suggest it in case it is something others are interested in as well.
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7868
Paul
Posted Sep 28, 2008 - 10:17 PM:

Since it's marketed for weblogs, it doesn't sound very applicable. I'd rather support OpenID.
hai
Forum Regular

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 94
Total Comments: 339
hai
Posted Oct 05, 2008 - 4:58 PM:

I don't know anything about OpenID did a quick search and it looks complicated.

In any case I was able to figure out a way to do exactly what I wanted. So now users have the option to
1-upload an avatar
2-use their gravatar - which gets pulled based on the email address they registered at gravatar.com
3-do nothing and have a default avatar show

Granted not so important a feature for a links directory, but would work well for the forum script in my opinion.

If anyone is interested let me know and I'll email you the code.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.