Webmastersite.net
Register Log In

Generating HTML
can I keep directory structure same as navigation?

Comments on Generating HTML

gemini
Forum Regular

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 54
Total Comments: 197
gemini
Posted Aug 24, 2006 - 6:42 AM:

With all that CPU load I was thinking about trying to generate static HTML pages for the whole directory and it would really be greate if I could maintain the same folders structure as my navigation. For example:
wsnlinks/Real_Estate_USA/California
wsnlinks/Real_Estate_USA/California/2
wsnlinks/Real_Estate_USA/California/3
that would be

root>
wsnlinks
>Real_Estate_USA
>California
>2
>3
etc.

?
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7868
Paul
Posted Aug 25, 2006 - 3:37 AM:

You can't do the page numbers like that, but the rest can stay the same.
gemini
Forum Regular

gemini
Posted Aug 26, 2006 - 10:09 AM:

Paul, I tried generating HTML and now I can't stop it. The generation process stoped when I turned off the autogeneration option, but I can't chmod those files and folder and I can't delete them - says permission denied. Seams like something keeps overwriting my permissions every time I change them. (v.3.4.1).
Also, when I started generating HTML, it created whole bunch of files for pagination (98 to be exact) just for the first category and that category has only 2 pages - all 98 files are exactly the same. Any suggestions?
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Aug 27, 2006 - 12:46 PM:

Tested, works fine for me. Was the directory 777?

If you can't change permissions via FTP, uise the chmod utility.
gemini
Forum Regular

gemini
Posted Aug 27, 2006 - 6:32 PM:

Paul, the html output folder was chmoded to 777. I also tried the same thing on my local server where you don't have to chmod anything -it did exactly the same - it created the first folder for the category id=1 and then put whole bunch of the same index files with pagination... BTW, I had to turn off apache server to be able to delet those files, otherwise it wouldn't let me do that even on my local machine on WinXP. And still can't delete them on the server - all the html files chmoded to 666 and when I try to chmod them to 777 - it chmods it right back to 666 and when I try to delete them it says - permission denied. I never had anything like that before.
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Aug 28, 2006 - 9:37 AM:

As long as you have root ssh access, can you check what user owns the files and what their permissions are set to? If the chmod utility doesn't work maybe a sticky bit got set somehow, though I can't imagine how.

Edit: Ah, I can imagine how now that I notice you're using an old version. There's no point to asking about something in a copy that's 13 releases out of date, it usually ends up being a waste of time. There was a possible security issue before 3.3.21, as well, though I haven't seen an exploit.
gemini
Forum Regular

gemini
Posted Aug 28, 2006 - 3:44 PM:

Paul wrote:

Edit: Ah, I can imagine how now that I notice you're using an old version..

No-no-no. I have installed the 3.4.1 which was available for download as the stable one a couple of days ago. Well, I'll check the user permissions from ssh.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.