Details of a certain link on the main.tp

Comments on Details of a certain link on the main.tp

shibby2373

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 6
Total Comments: 17
Posted May 09, 2009 - 12:50 AM:

Ok,
So I have an a directory. And as paid membership members can have their link on the main page under the category folders. Exactly how would I code this to show up? Everytime I do it I get an internal error. For example I would want link id 10 thumbshot and link details and link to show up on the main page above subpagination. what code would I use to do this since I am doing it wrong. This is how I have it:
<p><div class="details">
<IF {SWITCH_THUMBSHOTS}><div class="thumbshot">{LINKTHUMBSHOT}</div></IF>
<IF {LINKURLBOOL}><span class="labels">URL:</span> <a href="{TRACKLINKURL}" {EXTERNALLINKS}>{LINKURL}</a><br /></IF>
<IF {LINKDESCRIPTIONBOOL}><span class="labels">Description:</span> {LINKDESCRIPTION}<br /></IF>
<span class="labels">Submitted:</span>
{LINKDATE} <IF {LINKLASTEDIT} is greater than {LINKTIME}> (Edited {LINKLASTEDITDATE}) </IF> {LINKADMIN}<br />
<IF {SWITCH_HITS}><span class="labels">Hits:</span>
{LINKHITS} to site<IF {SWITCH_HITSIN}>, {LINKHITSIN} from site</IF>. Averaging {LINKHITSOUTPERDAY} out<IF {SWITCH_HITSIN}> and {LINKHITSINPERDAY} in</IF> per day. <IF {HITSTEMPDAYS}><br />In the most recent {HITSTEMPDAYS} day period, there've been {LINKHITSOUTTEMP} to the site<IF {SWITCH_HITSIN}> and {LINKHITSINTEMP} from the site</IF>.</IF><br /></IF>
<IF {SWITCH_RATINGS} and {LINKVOTES}><span class="labels">Rating:</span>
{LINKSTARS} <br />{LINKRATING}/{MAXVOTE} based on {LINKVOTES} votes. The median rating is {LINKMEDIANRATING}. <IF {THISMEMBERGROUPCANVIEWVOTES}><a href="showvotes.php?id={LINKID}">Show Individual Votes</a></IF><br /></IF>
<IF {SWITCH_COMMENTS}><span class="labels">Reviews:</span>
<a href="{LINKTHREADURL}">{LINKNUMCOMMENTS} comments</a><br /></IF>
<IF {SWITCH_TRADER} and {LINKOWNERID}><span class="labels">Trader Rating:</span> <a href="{MEMBERTRADERPROFILEURL}">{MEMBERTRADERRATING}</a><br /></IF></p>
babrees
Expert

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 391
Total Comments: 1303
babrees
Posted May 09, 2009 - 1:53 AM:

Hi. Links can only be displayed within their category. In order to display them on the main page you will need to generate a toplist.

Go to Admin > Templates > Toplist Generator
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7868
Paul
Posted May 11, 2009 - 9:10 PM:

For link #10, you'd do a toplist of links with the filtering condition id=10. To include all the standard link bit, you can just use [INSERTFILE=linkbit] as the content. If you want it slimmed down, copy the desired pieces carefully making sure you don't end up using an opening <IF without its corresponding </IF>.

And as paid membership members can have their link on the main page under the category folders.

This sounds like you might want to do it by promoting all links by a sponsoring member to a new link type (which is an option on the sponsorship page). Then your toplist would use the filtering condition type='yourlinktype'

See scripts.webmastersite.net/w...tending/link_types-35.html for info on setting up a link type.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.