Comments on Data base warning ?

fuee
Forum Regular

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 56
Total Comments: 121
fuee
Posted Mar 15, 2005 - 3:33 PM:

1) I am having a problem with my website the only thing showing is the code below. Can someone help me fix this problem. I dont understand it sad
It seem like its a database problem is there anyway this can be avoided?

2) Can someone tell me how I can modify the below error message with in WSN Links so it can look like it is from my website?

Thanks,
Fuee

Warning: mysql_connect(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) in /home/test/public_html/config.php on line 17

Warning: mysql_select_db(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) in /home/test/public_html/config.php on line 18

Warning: mysql_select_db(): A link to the server could not be established in /home/test/public_html/config.php on line 18

WSN Links is unable to render this page. The reason is described below:

Cannot establish a database connection.
MySQL returns the error Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2). (It's possible that the web host's database is currently down, if so this is a temporary error and will go away when the database is accessible again.)
Version info: WSN Links 3.14

If you are not the administrator of this site, please report this error to the administrator.
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7868
Paul
Posted Mar 16, 2005 - 6:51 AM:

That means the database is down (unless tables have become corrupted, which is fairly unlikely but visible in phpmyadmin.)
fuee
Forum Regular

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 56
Total Comments: 121
fuee
Posted Mar 16, 2005 - 7:49 AM:

Thanks Paul.

I am so disappointed with my hosts this year. Hostgator booted me for having too many database queries now I dont know why I am having database problems with hostrocket. Because I modified the .htaccess file for my wsnlinks program my stats at hostrocket do not work from control panel. Just seem like endless problems with my host now a days.

Does anyone have any problems with powweb.com? I know someone from wsn forum recommended them eariler, I think I may look in to them. I can still get most of my money back with hostrocket if I cancel with in the month.

Thanks,
fuee
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.