Beginner

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 3
Total Comments: 5
Posted Aug 29, 2005 - 5:34 AM:

Hi!
I just purchased a copy of WSLinks and I have following questions:

1. I would like to priortize listings on the category pages as:
a) Sponsors (links I submit myself) always on top.
b) User submitted and my own normal links according to priority that I set, let's say from 1-10.
2. To generate static pages, apparently I need to give chmod access to php. Any idea on how to do it?
3. Are there custom templates available for WSNlinks?

Regards
Pankaj Saini
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7868
Paul
Posted Aug 29, 2005 - 6:29 PM:

1. See scripts.webmastersite.net/w...inks/wsnmanual/articles/35 . Also sounds like you want to add a priority field and select to sort by that in your admin settings.

2. PHP ought to be able to chmod anything it creates itself. Is it the original creation you're having trouble with or the later overwriting?

3. Not that I know of.
cellinis
Beginner

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 3
Total Comments: 5
Posted Aug 31, 2005 - 11:54 PM:

Thanks for the quick reply Paul!!!

1. I managed to add a special field that will always be on top on every category without problem! But even the regular submissions, I would like to list them based on the priority I assign to them. How do I add the priority field?
2. When I choose the option, 'generate html pages automatically at each update', the script (upon updating) gives errors like -directory doesn't exist, can't create a new directory'. Since I am on my own server, I should be able to play around with the php settings without an issue... but I have no clue where to begin! So I guess it is the original creation I'm having trouble with!
3. I have to add that this is really an excellent script! Been playing around a bit on templates - damned easy to customize!!!!! Nice work!
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7868
Paul
Posted Sep 01, 2005 - 8:59 PM:

1) To add a priority field, click 'add fields' in your admin panel and tell it to add an integer link field named priority. Then go to settings->general and select to sort by that newly added field.

2) That it can't create a directory typically means the directory it's in doesn't have write permission. If you chmod the directory you're generating the pages in to 777 it should work.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.