babrees
Expert

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 391
Total Comments: 1303
babrees
Posted Jan 30, 2007 - 10:05 AM:

Paul, I'm hoping you can help smiling face

In the last few days, every time I work on a site I have that is running wsnlinks I get umpteen core files dumped on the system. Googling core files I find that these are files that contained dumped material from a program that has crashed or something.

Today I have been working on a test site and everytime I do something I have to go in and delete these core files - some are nearly 40 meg!! - before I can do anything as I run out of space.

This happened to me a while ago and then mysteriously stopped, but has now started again. WSNLinks is the only script running on the site I am working on today.

Any ideas why these files are being made? I can see no problems, nothing crashes, they just appear!
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7868
Paul
Posted Jan 31, 2007 - 2:23 AM:

I'm guessing your PHP installation is set to hide errors, and write them to log files instead. You should have a look at what the errors are. I'm pretty sure PHP only writes to one file named error_log or the like though.

If the files are binary then they're coming from some other program you have installed.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.