Comments on Changing the Title tag.

capitaine
Forum Regular

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 94
Total Comments: 272
#16 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Sep 05, 2005 - 4:24 PM:

If you don't want the site title involved, you'd have to make that and title_divider blank

I assume you mean admin/settings/system configuration. If you leave the site title blank here, then you lose it as part of your navigation structure, ie. Directory>Category...

i have a custom field called {CATCUSTOMTITLE} - why can't I just substitute {PAGETITLE} in the wrapper for this? (you just get no title if you do this)
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7868
Paul
#17 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Sep 06, 2005 - 2:52 PM:

Actually I realize now the instructions I gave are badly outdated, these days you should just edit the title scheme under settings->general. Much simpler than it used to be.

i have a custom field called {CATCUSTOMTITLE} - why can't I just substitute {PAGETITLE} in the wrapper for this? (you just get no title if you do this)

Category template variables work in the wrapper on applicable pages, and not on nonapplicable pages.
capitaine
Forum Regular

#18 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Oct 01, 2005 - 1:47 PM:

Paul: if category template vars will only work in the applicable pages, then the site title (under settings/system config) should only work in the main wrapper and not on every other page as well...

Because the problem I have is this: on the main index page, the page title shows as Main: {PAGETITLE}. On the inside pages, the title will be {CATCUSTOMTITLE} : {PAGETITLE}

If I try and get rid of the 'Main' that appears on the index page, then {CATCUSTOMTITLE} won't appear on any of the inside pages.

Is it not possible to have the site title appear only on the main page, and then my custom category title to appear, on its own, on the other pages....? And how do you get rid of the 'Main' from the site title?
Paul
developer

Paul
#19 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Oct 03, 2005 - 12:10 PM:

{PAGETITLE} is not supposed to be edited or used somewhere else. Use the components of it -- whatever you've typed as your title scheme.
capitaine
Forum Regular

#20 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Oct 03, 2005 - 2:02 PM:

sorry.. am making a mess of explaining this: {PAGETITLE} has not been edited nor is it used anywhere else - its in the wrapper between the title tags. However, the page title appears in the browser as Main: yourtitle.
  1. I want to remove the Main: (without affecting {CATCUSTOMTITLE})
  2. I am using {CATCUSTOMTITLE} to give category pages specific customised page titles, but the {PAGETITLE} still ends up in the page title. It does not seem possible to have only {CATCUSTOMTITLE} display as a category title page?
Paul
developer

Paul
#21 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Oct 05, 2005 - 12:26 PM:

{PAGETITLE} is defined by the title scheme in your settings. If you're looking to have Main: appear some places and not others though, I don't think conditionals work in the title scheme so you'd just have to incorporate Main: into the titles of wherever you want it to show.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.