Category title issues

Comments on Category title issues

sparkalina
Forum Regular

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 70
Total Comments: 211
Posted Sep 15, 2008 - 2:10 PM:

I noticed the handy dandy urls that wsncl puts out and went to create categories for the first time. After seeing that a "'" in the title of the category shut the url masking off I tried to edit it but now the field is completely gone.

I know that doesn't make sense because I don't know your labels for this portion of the site.

I did the following.

1) Created 4 categories. URL masking created nice titles like:

/Important-Contacts instead of /index.php?action=displaycat&catid=4

2) Subcategory created "Homeowner's Associations" -- checked home page and now url masking says /7 (7 being the catid)
3)attempted to edit sub category...field for changing url masking title missing.
4) Deleted subcategory figuring "'" was the issue.
5) Added same subcategory but without "'", however url masking field still missing.

Switches (if any) were not changed during this period. The url masking just stopped cold turkey.

FYI all categories were added from front end.

Any ideas?

Edit: I'm viewing the suggest category template and there's this before the field:
<IF {APACHEREWRITE} is yes>

I'm now assuming apacherewrite is now set to no, but I didn't change anything to that effect.
sparkalina
Forum Regular

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 70
Total Comments: 211
Posted Sep 15, 2008 - 2:18 PM:

Apacherewrite is "being turned off".

I'm just going to assume this is because I'm running a trial edition. If there's nothing to fix because of that aspect, ignore this post.
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7868
Paul
Posted Sep 15, 2008 - 11:35 PM:

If you're looking at the subcategories on front page listing, prior to 5.0.6 that needs to be regenerated after changing a subcategory name. Admin -> Maintenance -> Regenerate -> regenerate categories.

It turns off when you edit a category? That doesn't make sense. Falling back to numeric rewriting is expected, but do you mean you're looking at an index.php?action=displaycat&catid=x url?

Can you reproduce this for me in the sandbox?
http://sandbox.wsnforum.com/box18/
username 'admin' password 'temp'
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.