Can't Upload Video Files
since server upgrade

Comments on Can't Upload Video Files

Paul Grego

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 11
Total Comments: 26
Posted Jun 01, 2007 - 10:38 PM:

I have been able to upload video files (wmv) with no problems at all but now for some reason every time I try to upload a video file it says that required fields are missing. I'm sure this isn't the problem as I can upload pics without filling anything else in and even when I fill in all fields available it still wont allow the upload of a video file. The file is below the maximum size I set.
I have recently had a server upgrade, could this be anything to do with it?
Thanks,

Edit*
I just ugraded to the latest version of the gallery but the situation above still applies, thanks,

Paul
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7868
Paul
Posted Jun 02, 2007 - 9:17 AM:

Does the size of the file make a difference? Can you upload a 100kb video but not a 10mb video, for example?
Paul Grego

Posted Jun 05, 2007 - 2:59 AM:

Yes I can upload files that are 450k, the file I am attempting to upload is 35mb. I have previously been succesful with video files of the same size. I tried uploading a 30mb file that I was previously succesful with to see if it was a fault with the initial file but I got the same error saying I haven't filled in all the fields.
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7868
Paul
Posted Jun 05, 2007 - 3:41 PM:

Your php.ini must be preventing large files. Check your php.ini values for post_max_size and upload_max_filesize. (If you're on shared hosting, ask your host to check them.)
Paul Grego

Posted Jun 06, 2007 - 1:17 PM:

That was it Paul, for some reason when I upgraded the account the post_max_size and upload_max_filesize were lowered!
They have now raised it to what I need after I sent a mail, so everything works fine now.

Thanks for the help.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.