fuee
Forum Regular

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 56
Total Comments: 121
fuee
Posted Jul 29, 2007 - 6:36 PM:

This is the error im getting :

Warning: fopen(cache/3-404.php.htm) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/filefunctions.php on line 417

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/filefunctions.php on line 417
Cannot write to the file cache/3-404.php.htm! You must chmod it to 666.
Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/filefunctions.php on line 419

Another question, will setting up cache mess up my advertising system like adsense or valueclick ads ? Not sure if the ads will be cache too

Thanks,
Fuee
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7868
Paul
Posted Jul 30, 2007 - 12:35 AM:

It suggests the cache directory isn't writeable, have you chmoded it to 777? Actually it's mentioning a specific file which seems very odd, there's no 404.php in WSN Links. Did you create such a file?

If the ads are javascript/html then it has no effect on them, if they're PHP then I expect they will be messed up.
fuee
Forum Regular

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 56
Total Comments: 121
fuee
Posted Jul 30, 2007 - 8:20 PM:

Thanks Paul,
This is fixed as well.

But i have 2 questions regardign cache:

1) If i have 5 gig of cache and when the scripts updates it in 24 hours (that's the setting i have at the moment) does it update all the cache at once or each page individually based on which everone that was viewed 24 hr ago ?

2)If lots of cache are updated at once will that cause a server load issue ?

Thanks,
Fuee
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7868
Paul
Posted Jul 31, 2007 - 7:55 AM:

The update of a page happens at the time the page is requested by a visitor. Thus there shouldn't be any bottlenecks.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.