(or rather a microbe, but anyway)

Comments on Bug in Censorship Function

yosmc

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 5
Total Comments: 12
yosmc
Posted Feb 15, 2005 - 6:31 PM:

I encountered an ever so small bug in the censorship department - I put a   nonbreaking space in the censorship box, and as a result this entry couldn't be deleted anymore.
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7868
Paul
Posted Feb 16, 2005 - 12:53 PM:

& n b s p ; you mean. What's <a href="& n b s p ;"> in a view source of the html will just be treated as a space when clicked, thus it can't be transmitted in a link. You'll need to delete it from the 'censor' setting in your settings table. I don't see any practical application to censoring spaces so if I don't solve it in the new few minutes I'll probably forget about it.
yosmc

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 5
Total Comments: 12
yosmc
Posted Feb 16, 2005 - 1:51 PM:

Just for clarification: WSN Links is a GREAT script and is worth every cent! Nevertheless, imho it is still studded with tiny bugs and inconveniences. By the time I come here to report a bug, I have already found a fix or workaround for myself, so personally I could care less if it's officially fixed or not. I don't come here to complain, but to do a (tiny) favor to the community (and perhaps to you). Not sure if that was clear, if a post like that is perceived as a rant about trifles, then I apologize - let me know and won't post similar findings in the future (that's meant as an honest and straight-forward question).

As far as this one is concerned, if & n b s p ; causes problems, I'll take any bet that other character entities will behave the same way. To answer your question - I do see a practical application in censoring special characters. You may not agree - fine. But if someone tries anyway, he is stuck with an annoyance that can only be fixed by manually digging into the database. Will life go on? Absolutely! (But that wasn't the point of my post. wink )
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.