admin template issue

Comments on admin template issue

finsandfur
Forum Regular

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 28
Total Comments: 103
Posted Jan 20, 2010 - 1:44 AM:

I had a really wierd thing happen to me tonight.

I was looking to increase my crawl delay thinking it's going to be defaulted at 20 like other topics have stated.

I have no idea why but I was looking for it in the .htaccess file. Obviously I didnt find it, so I added it myself...in the "extra htaccess content" box.

Poof! Internal Server 500 error, the site is now inaccessible.

I tried to go back to remove what I had just done after realizing it and the "extra htaccess content" section is gone from the SEO page. I logged in with WinSCP and noticed the htaccess file doesnt even exist anymore.

I created a blank one and got the site back up, then copied over the contents from a back up htaccess file. After that I went back in to admin>settings>seo and still no extra htaccess content section.

I've tried clearing cache on the install and locally and I cannot get it back. What the heck would have caused this and how do I get that section back in the admin templates?
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7868
Paul
Posted Jan 21, 2010 - 7:17 AM:

Putting invalid content in an .htaccess file -- or the "extra htaccess content" box which inserts it in the .htaccess file -- will make your site a 500 error. Crawl-delay is a robots.txt value, not an .htaccess value. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robots_Exclusion_Standard

The extra .htaccess content section is part of the URL rewriting options, and will not be displayed when URL rewriting is off. URL rewriting may have turned itself off when it detected that it was non-functional due to the content you inserted in that box. If you turn rewriting on, the section appears again.
finsandfur
Forum Regular

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 28
Total Comments: 103
Posted Jan 22, 2010 - 9:42 AM:

I know it doesnt go inside the htaccess file. I have no idea why I did that....tired, stupid and not paying attention.

But thats what happen, turned rewrite back on that fixed it.

Thanks
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.