Beginner

Usergroup: Member

Total Topics: 1
Total Comments: 5
fshagan
Posted Dec 29, 2004 - 1:00 AM:

DETAILS:
WSN Links 3.13

2 URLS have it installed, http://www.messing-about.com/links/ and http://www.mypotterpage.com/links/ Both are on the same shared server.

Most functions work OK, but the Admin links are somehow reversed for each site. Adding, editing, updating links and categories all go to the right URL, and the browser address bar shows the correct URL. However, anything requiring Admin approval has the wrong site listed. And when you click out of Admin to "Browse Directory", you are taken to the links page for the other site.

Even though I can add links correctly, the "Common Tasks -> Main" page has the following erroneous server information, even though the browser address bar still shows the correct site:

Browser address bar says: messing-about.com/links/admin/index.php
Server Name: www.mypotterpage.com
Server IP: 69.56.171.52
File Path: /home/mypotter/public_html/links/admin/index.php

Browser address bar says: mypotterpage.com/links/admin/index.php:
Server Name: www.messing-about.com
Server IP: 69.56.171.52
File Path: /home/fshagan/public_html/links/admin/index.php

I have verified that the paths are correct in "Settings -> System Configuration" for each site. I have also verified that my local DNS cache is cleared using "ipconfig /flushdns", and I have cleared browser cache, cookies, etc.

Any help on this would be appreciated.
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7868
Paul
Posted Dec 30, 2004 - 11:11 AM:

Sounds to me like the directory url settings are wrong. You probably don't notice because when you think you're checking it on one site you're actually checking it on the other. Load the right frame on its own and you'll see the actual url, the frameset diguises it.
fshagan
Beginner

fshagan
Posted Jan 02, 2005 - 11:19 PM:

I don't think so ... When I click on "System Configuration" in the left frame the directory paths are correct (in synch with the browser title bar). When I click back on "Main" in the left frame, the server information is wrong.

The server information given in "Main" is not the same as what is given in "System Configuration".

How do I load just the right frame on its own?
fshagan
Beginner

fshagan
Posted Jan 02, 2005 - 11:24 PM:

Just checked using right-click*properties, and the frameset is for the other site.

But when I check the "Admin Control Panel" link properties, it is for the correct site. I'm not sure how this is happening.

On site #1, the "Admin Control Panel" link properties show it going to the "links/admin/index.php" file for that domain. But the frameset for the OTHER domain gets loaded.

How can I correct this?
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Jan 03, 2005 - 1:43 AM:

Once again, the frameset disguises where you are. View the right frame alone outside of the frameset. Go to the direct urls of the settings outside the frameset to change.
fshagan
Beginner

fshagan
Posted Jan 03, 2005 - 2:44 AM:

OK, finally got it. Thanks. I never could get one side of the frameset to load individually. Even typing in the /admin/index.php address of each site individually didn't work, but I finally figured out what to do.

For anyone else reading in, I wasn't getting how to fix it from the description. What I finally did was edit the paths in the Admin Control Panel, Settings * System Configuration so they matched the actual URL, found by right clicking the page and looking at "Properties", rather than relying on the browser address bar. Then, I had to make sure I refreshed the browser to clear the cache of the incorrect entries on the page. After doing that on both sites, the "Admin Control Panel" link works.
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Jan 03, 2005 - 6:30 PM:

In firefox, you just right click and choose 'show this frame only' to view the frame by itself outside of the frameset... not sure about IE.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.