Beginner

Usergroup: Member

Total Topics: 1
Total Comments: 1
MickyD
Posted Mar 07, 2005 - 12:40 AM:

Hi

This has to be the best guestbook I've tried! grin

I'm stuck on one thing though. I've added a field for visitors to enter their gender, but rather than have a plain text entry box where they could enter whatever they like, I'd like to make it a drop-down menu with 3 choices, Male, Female, Not Specified.

How do I go about this please?

I've looked through the other ones for country etc and tried to copy that format, but when I look back at the languages etc, I don't see it listed. shaking head

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Michael

P.S.

One more thing wink

The popup window for the WSN Code is a disabled one with no resize, no scrollbars etc, so if you have a lot of code, you can't see the lower parts. I've looked in the code to see how I can change it, but I can't find it. Where will it be please?

Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7868
Paul
Posted Mar 07, 2005 - 11:08 PM:

For the submission template just use plain html:
<select name="fieldname">
<option value="value">label</option>
</select>

The 'edit' page is the problem, I don't recall for sure but I don't think dropdown selectors will automatically select the appropriate option on the edit page in WSN Guest (they do in the other WSN scripts, but those are a year or two newer).

The popup window for the WSN Code is a disabled

That's set in the link to it, plain html. Find the spots that link to the WSN Code window, check google or an html help site to find what to change to what in the <a href> tag (though it may be obvious).
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.