add GoogleMaps to details
and map w. all locatiions?

Comments on add GoogleMaps to details

Michelle

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 24
Total Comments: 46
Posted Mar 02, 2008 - 11:30 AM:

I'd love it if WSNlinks had the option to input an address for each link which could not only be shown in address form on the details page, but also on a map. (Ideally there would be an icon on the list to show the user there's a map available for this link.) And a master map showing all locations would be wonderful. This would be great for any directory that deals with organizations with physical addresses!
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7868
Paul
Posted Mar 03, 2008 - 8:13 PM:

WSN Classifieds has google maps integrated since it's designed to deal with addresses by default. The problem with doing it for WSN Links is that WSN Links doesn't have address-related fields by default. Adding them all in would slow things. May have them auto-add based on a switch at some point, 4.2 or 5.0.

The master map idea is something I'd like to do for the sake of Classifieds. Hundreds of items would take too long to load though. A category-page map is more realistic, showing where everything listed on that page is.
Michelle

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 24
Total Comments: 46
Posted Mar 06, 2008 - 12:41 AM:

Category-based map would work for me.smiling face When you add the map features I'll be buying at least two more licenses.
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7868
Paul
Posted Apr 14, 2008 - 4:35 PM:

Done for 4.2.0 (hopefully an alpha won't take too many more weeks): http://www.webmastersite.net/screenshots/11899.jpg
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.