A few questions...

Comments on A few questions...

sstack44
Beginner

Usergroup: Member

Total Topics: 1
Total Comments: 4
Posted Jan 12, 2008 - 12:28 AM:

I am not great at programming and was wondering how easy it would be to remove the login option, search option, and a few of the other options. I really just want this to be used as a recip. link exchange page...with the perk of people being able to rate and leave reviews of the sites. I would like to offer the option to be featured as well. Let me know. Also, I wasn't able to see if there was a template that was simple and would look good with my site (which is in pastels). Please let me know. :-)

Thanks!

Sam
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7868
Paul
Posted Jan 12, 2008 - 1:38 PM:

To remove the login, just turn off the member system at Admin -> Settings -> Switches. To remove the search, set each group to not be allowed to perform searches at Admin -> Members -> Manage Usergroups.

You can change the color scheme entirely through the stylesheet without having to get into the templates, and you can get a start on the style even quicker by using the color wizard to replace one color with another. I have two template sets and three stylesheets in the demo, those are the only ones I've made.
sstack44
Beginner

Posted Jan 25, 2008 - 1:05 AM:

Thank you so much! I finally purchased this last night. I had it up and running in no time. This was the easiest install and customizing the template to match my existing site was so simple. Thank you so much!

I just wanted to know now, how do I remove the box on the main page that shows how many guests/users are on the site. And, how can I offer them to add a banner or a link? Where do I do that? And, last but not least, how do I remove the part on top that says: 0 links in 14 categories and 0 comments. Directory last updated 01/24/08.

Thank you so much!
sstack44
Beginner

Posted Jan 25, 2008 - 2:12 AM:

And one last thing...how do I change the recip. URL? Right now it reads: /links when someone signs up, but I just want it to be for the main URL. Let me know. :-)
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Jan 26, 2008 - 2:00 AM:

I just wanted to know now, how do I remove the box on the main page that shows how many guests/users are on the site.

That's the online user listing, turn off online users in the switches.

And, how can I offer them to add a banner or a link? Where do I do that?

Depends on where you want it. You could put it in the submission rules (Admin -> Settings -> Links), on the suggest link template (Admin -> Templates -> Manage Templates -> suggest link) or linked from the suggest link page to the show vote code template or to a custom template... or you could do something different than all that.

And, last but not least, how do I remove the part on top that says: 0 links in 14 categories and 0 comments. Directory last updated 01/24/08.

Admin Panel -> Templates -> Manage Templates -> 'main index'

And one last thing...how do I change the recip. URL? Right now it reads: /links when someone signs up, but I just want it to be for the main URL. Let me know. :-)

Set your site URL at Admin -> Settings -> System toward the top.
sstack44
Beginner

Posted Jan 26, 2008 - 2:57 AM:

"Set your site URL at Admin -> Settings -> System toward the top."

Thanks for getting back to me....I did change that in the system part and it still looks like this:

Reciprocal Link URL:
Place <a href="http://www.mommyauctions.com/links">Mommy Auctions - Where Moms Go to Buy, Sell, and Swap</a> on the page you specify here.

However, in the box that says:

Site Details:
URL: http://www.mommyauctions.com
Title:Mommy Auctions - Where Moms Go to Buy, Sell, and Swap
Description: Niche online auction site for moms and moms to be. Shop for maternity, baby, & children's items...or sell your own. Mommy Auctions is a community for moms by moms.

Clearly, something is not working right here. Could it be the permissions or something obvious that is not allowing this to work properly?
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Jan 28, 2008 - 2:40 AM:

Answered the emailed copy.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.