Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7868
Paul
#16 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Aug 08, 2005 - 4:14 PM:

Anyone else ever had all their images disappear, so that they're not even in the attachments directory? Never heard of this.
dreamweaver
Experienced

Usergroup: Member

Total Topics: 12
Total Comments: 53
#17 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Aug 09, 2005 - 2:00 PM:

Should note that that was written before I talked to you. Anyhow, I've recovered around 90% of my images -- had a more recent backup than I thought. Which is kind of a plus.

Re: FTP, if I drag into attachments/ then chmod from ssh it seems to import them. But, hmm, importing them like that doesn't appear to bring in the appropriate file details. For example, in the entry it says the image is 0 by 0 pixels. Problem of this isn't only that it shows that incorrectly, but that it consequently doesn't resize the image appropriately because of that.

Other issues:

If a given usergroup doesn't have access to a category which has the 5 latest images, then nothing is shown for them on "5 latest images". It should, ideally, show the 5 latest images that they can see.

Setting the default amount of entries to be displayed per page doesn't seem to work. General -> Items per page -> Links (should be entries/images, I guess) I set to 50, and yet it still shows 15 only per cat.

Hard deleting of cats.

And most annoyingly, I upgraded to the latest 2.23 or whatever, and now, for some of the latest images uploaded, in their entry it shows the attachment twice. And if you go to edit, it suggests that the same image is attached twice. Check that Holidays section that you love, for example. If you try to delete one of them, though, then you can no longer view the image; seems to delete it from the attachments/ very existence.

For the time-being, with regard to the last point, isn't there a way to make it so that in an entry only one image is ever displayed?

----EDIT------

I remember you saying the problem of everything might have been down to regenerating counters.... well, yeouch, that's one thing I won't be doing for some time. I backed up my whole attachments/ luckily before trying it. Regenerating counters started hacking away at everything... deleted around 1000 of my images or so (whether imported by FTP or not) before I stopped it. Still, though, I have things ungenerated now grin.

I think I'm gonna be far too scared to ever update the gallery in the future, once it's stable. :|
Paul
developer

Paul
#18 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Aug 10, 2005 - 5:28 PM:

Apparently attachimport.php offers to repeat when it shouldn't. Modificed as of tonight's upload to have it not run if there's anything in the attachments table.

Whenever anybody uses the ftp import, they should be sure to chmod the files to 666.

A download.php link in the image details doesn't work, will have that fixed tonight as well.
dreamweaver
Experienced

#19 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Aug 10, 2005 - 6:07 PM:

Can't thank you enough, Paul. smiling face
dreamweaver
Experienced

#20 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Aug 10, 2005 - 7:41 PM:

Just to note that two issues at least remain:

If a given usergroup doesn't have access to a category which has the 5 latest images, then nothing is shown for them on "5 latest images". It should, ideally, show the 5 latest images that they can see.

Setting the default amount of entries to be displayed per page doesn't seem to work. General -> Items per page -> Links (should be entries/images, I guess) I set to 50, and yet it still shows 15 only per cat.

---Edit----

Also, it appears that "Currently Online" doesn't work since 3.23 -- tested this on the updated and a fresh install.
Paul
developer

Paul
#21 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Aug 11, 2005 - 1:02 AM:

I see I added an online field for WSN Forum and have to apply it to Gallery to keep things working. Fixed in 2.24.

Setting the default amount of entries to be displayed per page doesn't seem to work.

It works perfectly. It sets the default, as it says, which has nothing to do with your personal preference. You have to edit your profile to set your personal view and registration defaults to set the default profile preference.

I've considered the possibility of removing the profile option from Links/Gallery/KB to cut down on confusion, but decided that some people may want to let members choose.

It should, ideally, show the 5 latest images that they can see.

That happens as long as there are 5 they can see within the top 15 or so. Beyond that, the amount of load time being sacrified in grabbing extras becomes unreasonable. There is unfortunately no mysql query which can determine whether a person has permission to view by itself.
dreamweaver
Experienced

#22 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Aug 11, 2005 - 8:28 AM:

Paul wrote:
I see I added an online field for WSN Forum and have to apply it to Gallery to keep things working. Fixed in 2.24.

Nice.
It works perfectly. It sets the default, as it says, which has nothing to do with your personal preference. You have to edit your profile to set your personal view and registration defaults to set the default profile preference.

I've considered the possibility of removing the profile option from Links/Gallery/KB to cut down on confusion, but decided that some people may want to let members choose.

I see. If I were doing it though I would likely have a "default" field in the profile, which you could specify in the panel. Doesn't matter much though; thanks for letting me know.
That happens as long as there are 5 they can see within the top 15 or so. Beyond that, the amount of load time being sacrified in grabbing extras becomes unreasonable. There is unfortunately no mysql query which can determine whether a person has permission to view by itself.

Understood. No problem.
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.