david
Forum Regular

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 91
Total Comments: 305
david
Posted Sep 23, 2008 - 5:11 AM:

Hi Paul,

I can't find a switch that sends the admins an email when a new member signs up. Where is it?

Thanks
David
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7868
Paul
Posted Sep 24, 2008 - 7:46 PM:

Admin -> Emails -> Email preferences -> Notify admins via e-mail of items pending validation?

If you mean even when there's no action needed, there's no option.
david
Forum Regular

david
Posted Sep 25, 2008 - 2:24 AM:

I didn't mean, getting an email about approving a new member. I have the member registration set to email activation only. I just also want an email after each new member, so I know there IS a new member in the system. smiling face See what I mean?

Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7868
Paul
Posted Sep 25, 2008 - 4:56 PM:

Then, as said in second part above, there's no option for that.
hai
Forum Regular

Total Topics: 94
Total Comments: 339
hai
Posted Sep 25, 2008 - 6:08 PM:

David,

A while back I had a client who wanted to get an email whenever someone logged into his site. I'm not sure how I'd get the username to show up in the email, but if you're not looking for any information in the email but just an email that says "someone has just registered" I can send you the code I used. Then in the Admin panel go down to the Redirects section and add a redirect for "After a user registers..." add the code to that page (make sure it's a page that is ONLY used for this purpose - for example don't redirect to the main page) when the page loads it will trigger an email to you.

Let me know if this sounds like what you're looking to do and I'll dig out the code for you.
babrees
Expert

Total Topics: 391
Total Comments: 1303
babrees
Posted Sep 25, 2008 - 9:00 PM:

hai wrote:
David,

A while back I had a client who wanted to get an email whenever someone logged into his site. I'm not sure how I'd get the username to show up in the email, but if you're not looking for any information in the email but just an email that says "someone has just registered" I can send you the code I used. Then in the Admin panel go down to the Redirects section and add a redirect for "After a user registers..." add the code to that page (make sure it's a page that is ONLY used for this purpose - for example don't redirect to the main page) when the page loads it will trigger an email to you.

Let me know if this sounds like what you're looking to do and I'll dig out the code for you.

Hai - I would be interested in that. If you manage to dig it out could you post it here please?

Cheers
Jill
hai
Forum Regular

Total Topics: 94
Total Comments: 339
hai
Posted Sep 25, 2008 - 11:17 PM:

Here you go. Add it to whatever page you want to trigger an email. I'm sure someone with more extensive knowledge of php could get it to pull usernames, ip addys or referral pages, but if you just want to know when someone has visited a particular page this should work.

Attached Files:
david
Forum Regular

david
Posted Sep 25, 2008 - 11:39 PM:

Hai, thanks very much for the code. Implementing something like this would have been my second choice. smiling face

Much appreciated.
babrees
Expert

Total Topics: 391
Total Comments: 1303
babrees
Posted Sep 25, 2008 - 11:48 PM:

Thanks Hai! Much Appreciated.

I'm off on holiday soon, but will look at it, together with your suggest for my menu, when I get back

Cheers

Jill
david
Forum Regular

david
#10 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Sep 28, 2008 - 2:35 PM:

Hi guys!

You can even put that php snippet in the message that is displayed when somebody clicks on an activation link. smiling face
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.