Webmastersite.net
Register Log In

Trouble with RSS feed validation

Title Trouble with RSS feed validation
Message Text I looked at the RSS feed for the first time and tried to submit it to Feedburner. The problem is that while I can view the feed like it is (link-lounge.com/thelinks/rssfeed.php?type=links&number=25&field=time&ascdesc=descending) just fine it won't work through Feedburner and when I run it through feedvalidator.org it tells me that the feed is not valid. And also it tells me this: <span style="font-size: smaller; ">line 12</span><span style="font-size: smaller; ">, column 13: <span class="message" style="background-color: yellow; color: black; ">Invalid email address: <code style="font-size: larger; ">Jenny</code></span> (25 occurrences) [</span><span style="font-size: smaller; ">help</span><span style="font-size: smaller; ">]</span> <span style="font-size: smaller; "><author>Jenny</author></span> Now obviously I tried to change the RSS template accordingly, but I have no idea what the variable for the email address should be (since {AUTHOREMAIL} doesn't seem to be working). Also, how would I make more changes to the RSS template when I have to use very specific variables? Where do I get those? I.e. I'd like to add the shrinktheweb.com thumbnails I'm using on the site and I'd also like to have the link point to the link URL instead of the details page since I'm not using those. In the manual it says to pass &usedetails=1 to have it point to the details page, so I tried the opposite, but that didn't seem to work. ETA: after resolving the URL rewrite issue it seems like the feed works through Feedburner, but I still haven't figured out how to modify the template.
Rating
  • 0/5
0/5 based on 0 votes.
Ownership Jenny
Views 207 views. Averaging 0 views per day.