Webmastersite.net
Register Log In

Cannot Connect to Database

Title Cannot Connect to Database
Description Connection to Database impossible
Message Text Hello, I have just installed the script (mainly as a test) on my new hosting provider. Previously I had my own server but alas the return of that is resting on financial probabilities. Anyhow when I tap in the url I get the following: Cannot establish a database connection. MySQL returns the error . (It's possible that the web host's database is currently down, if so this is a temporary error and will go away when the database is accessible again.) WSN Links 5.0.45 Unfortunately this is always what appears. The installation went perfectly but that's the screen immediately after and is always showing. My hosting provider tells me that the links are correct and whilst I told them that there seemed to be 'no permissions' (showing in red) in phpMyadmin they said it was fine and anyhow I'm unable to change stuff in there. I can see 34 tables have been made and the Mysql version is 5.0.22 / php 5.2.9 and the hosting server is through Plesk. Their tech keep asking me if the script is looking for a particular version of php and I'm quickly starting to think they are none too hot on things. Some help/comments? Michael
Rating
  • 0/5
0/5 based on 0 votes.
Ownership searcher1
Views 322 views. Averaging 0 views per day.