Webmastersite.net
Register Log In

Too Many Categories on Homepage

Title Too Many Categories on Homepage
Message Text Hello, As we know by now, the link directory will include thousands of celebrities, each is a master category by itself. Since it makes no sense to list them all on the homepage, I would like to assign them to index categories such as A-to-Z on first name, last name, stage name, Zodiac Sign, etc. Each celebrity will be assigned to multiple index categories that only them will show on the homepage through a WHERE clause on the new category type "index". I ask for your opinion how can that be achieved, while keeping the celebrities as master categories. I tried to include the appropriate index categories in the "Secondary Categories" field of the celebrity category. It almost works fine accept: 1. if you navigate to the celebrity through an index category, you cannot submit a link on the celebrity category page; 2. Whenever you view the categories list-box, the celebrity category shows multiple times, as an independent category and as a child category for the index categories. Please recommend a solid method to achieve my goal. Thanks a lot.
Rating
  • 0/5
0/5 based on 0 votes.
Ownership shlomot
Views 393 views. Averaging 0 views per day.