Webmastersite.net
Register Log In

Thinking of using this software

Title Thinking of using this software
Message Text Hi I am seriously considering your forum software. It seems to have a load of features I like and some I don't notice but might be there anyway had I noticed them. LOL Anyway, I run several sites and am using wowbb software. I like the wowbb allot. I find the template system extremely easy to modify, customize and all that good stuff and Have my own wowbb skin site where I learned to make some skins. My third site I had one wowbb board there, but it wouldn't work with the server. Turns out the server stinks anyway. They insisted it's the software but it's not. They suggested I use what they support - phpbb. So I installed it. Went to upgrade, it's dead. I screwed it up. StartLogic refuses to help me. I killed it and am going to close the whole site. I would rather not go for another wowbb license and find different software and so far your stuff looks great. Now my question is this: wowbb uses an extraordinarily easy to edit system for the themes. Unlike phpbb, smf and others, each theme has a main template. This main template 'talks' (sorry, I am no coder!) to the rest of the software to make it work. You can edit the whole of the theme here as to the size of the icons, borders and tables. Then it has the css - style sheet - where you can edit the font, colors and a few other things. wow is going to be uprading (pftt) to an all css theme/template system I do NOT like this idea. So I am looking to switch. Anyway, what is the ease of use for those who are not coders? Those who can't write code? Make their own mods and all that good stuff? I do not know how to make code for wowbb but other theme makers and myself help each other and we manage. It's like languages. I understand and can read some Italian, but I can't speak it or format sentences on paper. Meaning I recognize and understand what I'm looking at on the main templates of wowbb but I cannot hard code a theme for myself from scratch. How user friendly are your themes? Do you encourage license holders to make themes? What about the license holder help system? Friendly and helpful or combative and competitive? I'll be delving into your forums here much more too. What about your trial version? How chopped down is this. Should I go and install this for a spin? Will I be able to fiddle with theme customization there? I realize trial versions are not the full version and fully expect that. I just would like to know the restrictions on things like avatars, themes, emoticons etc. I tried the admin panel demo but it won't work for me. Yes I tried the 'won't work link' to no avail too.
Rating
  • 0/5
0/5 based on 0 votes.
Ownership Goggalor
Views 660 views. Averaging 0 views per day.