Webmastersite.net
Register Log In

Security breach in 6+ month old versions

Title Security breach in 6+ month old versions
Message Text I have already sent some emails to Paul yesterday, 8/29, but have not yet received a reply so I thought I should share this. In a former post made by Paul he states that there was a security issue in version 3.3.2 and earlier versions that had been addressed, so the issue MAY be fixed. The problem is that I don't know whether this is the same security issue as the one fixed, or a new one that may exist in the latest version as well. I have currently upgraded to the latest version, 3.4.2, but for all I know the bug could still exist and I am possibly foolish to be using it until I hear from Paul. Basically, through a security hole in WSN Links, a hacker was able to log onto the server of my web hosting provider and damage every account on their server. That's why I say this is serious. I am pasting below a copy of an email I received from my web hosting company that contains some details: ATTACHED IS A COPY OF THE DETAILS. FOR SOME REASON IT WOULD NOT GO INTO THE POST. Again, perhaps this is the security issue that was already repaired. The problem is it may not be and I have not yet heard from Paul. The problem is now that they have targeted WSN links you can be sure that if the issue is not resolved they will not only do it again, but will probably find this forum and learn where other copies of WSN Links are to attack. Could be a big problem. Appearantly, this is an organization of hackers that have weekly competitions to see who can hack the most sites. Really sucks. But they share what they have learned. I am told they are based at a web site that is: http://www.zone-h.org. And check out this: http://www.zone-h.org/component/option,com_topatt... These guys are hacking hundreds of sites and even have a top list. Hope this post is not a waste of everyones time. Best, Ed
Rating
  • 0/5
0/5 based on 0 votes.
Ownership eharris
Views 2,428 views. Averaging 0 views per day.