Webmastersite.net
Register Log In

Large WSN:L baised sites

Title Large WSN:L baised sites
Description speed tips
Message Text Im hoping either paul or some of you other guys will be able to help me out here, I have approx 700-800 cats and about 5000 links (will be upto about 9-10k shortly and probably a lot more cats too) and i am really starting to get some speed problems. confused The site is on one of my dedicated servers with ample spec latest php + mysql with query caching on (prob saying its windows helps too) sticking out tongue I have also modified wsn:l a bit with jpcache to keep a compiled copy to hand (recently) but some times the site is just slow as a dog. Not all the pages you understand just some of them some of the time as if completely by random?! (i think) rolling eyes In worst case pages take from 74.4 Sec to a whopping 1093.0 Secs, needless to say i have stripped out catoptions etc and showing about 10 links per page (av about 74k per page) so i feel things are pretty slink. (those timings where taken from localhost on the server so there is no Internet to bugger things up) The only few things that spring to mind is the database if memory serves has been upgraded all the way from 2.53 or was it 51? either way its old, is it possible that a key or something is missing from the row that is making things take forever to search for or something like that? Failing that, the template files, could they be the problem using outdated options? i cannot really think of much more to do.. the db is optimized etc no problem rows... performance hindering switches are turned off.
Rating
  • 0/5
0/5 based on 0 votes.
Ownership barrykilby
Views 1,262 views. Averaging 0 views per day.