Webmastersite.net
Register Log In

Admin sees approved links after upgrade; public does not

Title Admin sees approved links after upgrade; public does not
Message Text I'm having an issue with pending links that seem to be acting odd after the latest upgrade(s) which I did between the submissions and the approvals. I had about 20 links to approve/decline in queue. After the recent upgrade warning about SQL-injection, I did the upgrade to 5.0.81 (and the prior 5 to 6 minor upgrades as well that I had been delaying). As usual, I skipped the auto-updates of customized templates. These particular updates did not cause the normal manual instructions for templates so I'm assuming (?) they were all PHP related and not template based. After upgrade, I began approving/declining the links in the queue. All went normal and users received their approval emails. However, they notified me they could not see their newly approved links. When logged in as "admin" I can see them in the category listing pages (displaylinks) just fine. But when logged out, the newly approved links disappear. However, both logged-in and logged-out users can view the individual link listing. The difference seems to be only on the category listing page. I went and compared every field in the database between the newly approved links (that do not show) and the older approved links (that do show) and can't find any differences to which a database call could be making a difference. The only difference is ownerid which was showing as "0" for the newly approved links, although that did not seem to be unique. Not sure what zero means, but I changed the newly approved links to "1" (admin) in the WSN Links Admin Edit screen, but they still did not show on the category listing pages. I'm out of guesses as to what happened or how I can fix it. I'm guessing something odd happened during the updates that caused a conflict from the submission time to the approval time (with the updates in between), so this may be very unique to just me. I haven't had a new suggested link yet since the upgrades so I don't yet know if this is going to continue or if it just relates to those links. There's only about 12 of them - so I could just update something in MySQL if I knew what to update, but as I said, they appear to be identical to the previously approved (and showing) links. I've looked around for the WSN Links Changelog (which I thought I had bookmarked, but I guess not) to see what PHP/dB calls changed to see if I could narrow down what it is requesting, but can't seem to find it anymore on webmastersite.net. By the way, I do not have any unusual "if admin" loops in my template, and I triple-checked the HTML output to make sure it wasn't outputting in HTML but not displaying on the web page itself. Any ideas as to where to look next would be greatly appreciated. I'm hoping this is specific to my install, but maybe not. Thank you... P.S. If anyone knows a quick way to "purge" all the previously unapproved links from the dB I'd appreciate it. I'm up to about 400 and would just like to clear the rows for easier data analysis. No big deal, but when I went to "Bulk Edit Links" I couldn't figure out how to pull just in the "deleted" links (although you can do it easily in "Search Items" but then I can't seem to take actions upon those results. I could of course easily delete them in MySQL, but I'm concerned it may torque other tables that cross-reference them somewhere. Thanks again.
Rating
  • 0/5
0/5 based on 0 votes.
Ownership lsalberg
Views 218 views. Averaging 0 views per day.