Webmastersite.net
Register Log In

Newbie Questions

Title Newbie Questions
Message Text Hi, I am new to WSN Links. Please forgive me if my questions have been asked before, I searched on them, but was not able to find answers. To give a little background, I will be migrating a legacy site built on Gossamer Links SQL to WSN Links. The data should be fairly easy, but I expect moving the design to be excruciating. I have some data/admin questions/issues for the time being: Firstly, I was playing with the data structure and added some categories and sub categories. Now, I am suddenly not able to add any sub-categories, only Top level categories. Please advise how to get this to function again or tell me what I did to mess it up in the first place. Next: 1. Is there a switch to remove the link counts from next to the categories or is it something I will need to edit out in the templates? 2. I am trying to maintain the directory structure I had in Links SQL. In using mod_rewrite, is there a way to have the capitalization of category names and links to be literal? For example, if the name is "Category X" how can I get it to generate as Category_X rather than category_x which is what is doing right now. 3. In Links SQL, you were able to obfuscate all outgoing urls using jump.cgi. Is something like this possible. This way, all links appear to be internal. 4. Is it possible to track hits/clicks without showing them on the pages? In other words, is there a way to have traffic/click stats without displaying them to the average user? 5. Is it possible to have two category columns with data flowing vertically instead of horizontally? For example: A E B F C G D H Any help or insight anyone can offer is greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Rating
  • 0/5
0/5 based on 0 votes.
Ownership ATKOgirl
Views 465 views. Averaging 0 views per day.