Webmastersite.net
Register Log In

Adding Custom Field

Title Adding Custom Field
Message Text I want to add an option for registered users to choose from: 1. Keep email address private (*this option will still show the email address on their profile page for the actual user and site administrator) 2. Allow only registered users to view email address 3. Allow guests and registered users to view email address Ideally, this option will be added to their registration and they can update it if they wish through their 'Edit Profile' option. Depending upon their selection, their email address would appear on their profile page (and possibly their articles and/or comments) along with any other method of contact they have chosen. I realize that they can select to receive emails and private messages through the site, however, in my specific application there will be many who will prefer to provide their email address, without using it as their username. *The reason behind the user seeing their own email address on their own profile page is so they will be more likely to update it if it has changed. Without seeing it, they are more likely to forget that it has changed and not update it. Now, I have added plenty of text fields so I know how to do that. My question is, which field would I place a 'Show Email Address' option in for it to behave as I am wanting? Member field, Settings field, Usergroup field, or Switches. And for the mysql field type, would it be integer?
Rating
  • 0/5
0/5 based on 0 votes.
Ownership AutumnWindz
Views 449 views. Averaging 0 views per day.