Webmastersite.net
Register Log In

Sponsorship problem

Title Sponsorship problem
Description Customizing the
Message Text I have been trying to workout my sponsorship requirements. I am very close but i need edit suggestlink template, and I am not sure how to do it. I currently have 3 link types set up. Official names = regular,recip,featured Displayed names = regular,reciprocal,featured Sponsorship is activated Sponsor Link Type = featured What shows up on the submit link page is a drop down menu for the submitter to choose the type of link. The problem is the "featured" link type does not appear, the only options are regular, and reciprocal. There is an option further down in the form where the submitter can check box, for "I would like to sponsor this link". The value for the check box is "sponsor1" I would very much like to eliminate the check box and have the featured link option appear in the drop down menu along with the reciprocal link type. I would like to remove the regular link type. I do not want it to be an option, but need to keep the link type (I want to use it only for the purpose of dmoz imports). I tried to edit the template, but the values for the link types are inserted by the script using "{TYPEOPTIONS}", needless to say I am not a programmer and I don't know how to edit this. I had the idea to replace: <input type="checkbox" name="sponsorthis" value="1" {LINKCHECKED[sponsorthis]}> with: <input type="hidden" name="sponsorthis" value="1"> but would this not make all link types featured? I do not want to force all links to be featured. I would like to keep the reciprocal option. Would this work better. Replace: <select name="type">{TYPEOPTIONS}</select> with: <select name="type"><option value="featured" selected>featured</option> <option value="recip">reciprocal</option></select> or should it be: <select name="type"><option value="sponsor1" selected>featured</option> <option value="recip">reciprocal</option></select> Thank You
Rating
  • 0/5
0/5 based on 0 votes.
Ownership larryjam
Views 350 views. Averaging 0 views per day.