Webmastersite.net
Register Log In

Multiple Custom Suggest Link Pages?

Title Multiple Custom Suggest Link Pages?
Description Does this make sense?
Message Text Originally I planned to have multiple usergroups and each user group could suggest more features to their link according to their group level. Level 1 -> Free Listing Member Level 2 -> Linked Listing Member (Reciprical link back) Level 3 -> Premium Listing Member (Paid with detail page) For this I would just hide the fields not pertinent to this usergroup on the suggest link page...but then I would need to charge the client dependant on the usergroup level. While this could work - maybe the client would like one link premium and one link free... Then I realized that usergroups weren't really that important after seeing the Link type options while working on my templates, it's the link type that is important. It's much easier allowing all registered members to suggest links and let them choose the type of link they'd like to submit. I could put everything on one page and allow the user to select Link Type, but the basic listing really doesn't require all the information to be filled out that the Detailed member would need. So to make it less confusing for the reader I'll give them a choice to choose which type of link they prefer before getting to the custom suggest pages for the following Link types: Free Linked Premium Is there an easy code to add to suggest.php that I could let it know which template the suggestion is coming from? I can hide the Link Type field on each custom template <input name="type" type="hidden" value="free">... I'm pretty sure I could duplicate the suggest.php to suggestfree.php, etc.. and then just change the template called in it to my custom names, but if there is a smarter way to accomplish this I'm hoping you let me know.
Rating
  • 0/5
0/5 based on 0 votes.
Ownership RedstoneMG
Views 653 views. Averaging 0 views per day.